• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Boat Shoe/Related Shoes Thread

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Melo
Picked these up a couple days ago:
http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm

Wasn't really planning on getting blue topsiders as I think they're starting to get a little played out, but they were only $25 so I couldn't resist.

Where'd you find them for $25? And for the guy that asked I'll try to get some pictures of the grey brick soon.

Melo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Where'd you find them for $25? And for the guy that asked I'll try to get some pictures of the grey brick soon.

Buffalo Exchange. Damn near unworn, too. Wish I could know the story behind that.

ice86x

Reaction score
anybody know the sizes of sebagos in relation to sperry top-sider AO's? do they run bigger, smaller, or the same?

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been wearing my couple pairs of boat shoes for a bit since it got warm. Of course, no socks, and thought I would do something to neutralize the smell (it was not too bad, but there). I got some of that Dr Scholl's odour powder stuff, threw it in the shoes, and it dried them out so much the leather insole cracked.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Why are the boat shoes so damn slippery? Walking on hot pavement felt like ice. Thought since its used to walk around the boat, where there's a lot of water, it shouldn't be this slippery.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oozedrip
how does everyone usually lace theirs? crossed with no ends exposed like lots of pictures or just a regular knot?

Get the laces wet and then knot them, I love seeing noobs walk around with the big, chunky, up in the air, stiff rawhide nonsense. Boat shoes that never get wet?

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ice86x
anybody know the sizes of sebagos in relation to sperry top-sider AO's? do they run bigger, smaller, or the same?

Ive got a pair of a/o and docksides although my a/o's are a year older. I can say they fit exactly the same

praguewatermelon

Reaction score
I bought a pair of navy blue ones. Super comfortable
4574648653_664a331662.jpg

kookydooky

Reaction score
Ny know how the sizing on Sebago Docksides compare with Sperry Topsiders?

I wear a 7W in Sperry, should I get the same size?

dreamz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
ANy know how the sizing on Sebago Docksides compare with Sperry Topsiders?

I wear a 7W in Sperry, should I get the same size?

i've tried both. sebago docksides are larger than sperry topsiders. a size 9 sperry fits me nicely (a snug fit), while the size 9 sebago is about 0.75in larger (comparable to a size 9.5 or 10 sperry).

also, the sebago leather is much tougher and doesn't yield as much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads