1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yfyf, Oct 18, 2010.

1. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Would you guys stop slapping each other on the backs and sucking each other's d*@#s. You can't even buy, over the internet, that damn rain jacket on the front page or the double breasted blue blazer. ATTENTION: I have my credit card in my hand and ready to purchase. Your 'ONLINE SHOP' says: DELAYS. Great. Delays. Like I need delays. Embrace capitalism - do it right.
    Kindly go f*** yourself.

2. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Would you guys stop slapping each other on the backs and sucking each other's d*@#s. You can't even buy, over the internet, that damn rain jacket on the front page or the double breasted blue blazer. ATTENTION: I have my credit card in my hand and ready to purchase. Your 'ONLINE SHOP' says: DELAYS. Great. Delays. Like I need delays. Embrace capitalism - do it right.
    [​IMG] Yeah, it's pretty sad state of affairs, we've shifted our focus to getting a proper catalogue done as a stop-gap. Catalogue is taking shape here: http://picasaweb.google.com/thearmoury.com We are happy to get in touch over phone or e-mail and take your order - info@thearmoury.com Still, I think if we stop talking about diamond captoes 10% less this week, we may finish the site 18% quicker. -- We also have a trench alongside that rain jacket [​IMG]

3. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

not enough buttons on the trench.

yfyf, whats the dilly on Carmina sizing? and lodger, while you are it. feeling frisky.

4. yfyf

not enough buttons on the trench.

yfyf, whats the dilly on Carmina sizing? and lodger, while you are it. feeling frisky.

We can add more buttons and maybe some lemon piping along the collar for minimal extra charge.

PMed about sizing.

5. madcurry

madcurry Active Member

I received my Fox Umbrella yesterday. HK speed post is really fast, 4 days from HK to Philly. The umbrella is really nice, and I love the dark green color. Thanks for the great service!

6. yfyf

I received my Fox Umbrella yesterday. HK speed post is really fast, 4 days from HK to Philly. The umbrella is really nice, and I love the dark green color. Thanks for the great service!

No problem, glad you like it. Thanks for shopping with us!

7. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was debating with George the other day about whether a diamond toe-cap belongs on a derby or an oxford and I think it looks much better on an oxford! The Regent is proof of the pudding!

i think it works all ways depending on which design of derby, monk or oxford

the regent is great and i have often been tempted to get it in bordo shell with a dainite sole

8. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

PMed about sizing.

PM me on sizing re: Lodger as well please?

9. Viral

Viral Senior member

why not post a size chart for all to avail?

10. yfyf

why not post a size chart for all to avail?
    A good idea that we will put into practice for the final online shop. Right now, a lot of sizing inquiries deal more with how does X last relate to Y last. Fortunately, between Alan and I, we've owned most of the famous lasts, C&J, 348, 337, 360, EG 82, 808, 202, Vass U, F, G&G, DG70, TG73, MH71, GG06, etc so we can roughly tell you our own experiences of how one relates to the other. We might have to do an FAQ or something in future.

11. haganah

haganah Senior member

Has anyone bought the newspaper bags?

I have questions and I really want to see how the small looks.

When is the store going online?

12. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Has anyone bought the newspaper bags?

I have questions and I really want to see how the small looks.

When is the store going online?

+1

13. haganah

haganah Senior member

+1
    +200 Hurry! [​IMG]

14. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Its up
    free bump, looks amazing

15. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

We also have a trench alongside that rain jacket

[​IMG][/quote]

Will Grenfell measurments be added to size chart as well?

16. yfyf

Hi everybody, jaypee noticed it first, we were lying low to see if any weird bugs were going to pop up. We have finally opened the online store! To be honest, it's still a work in progress, there are a lot of interface things we are trying to fix and more photos to add. But hey ... at least you can buy things from it!
    We also have a trench alongside that rain jacket [​IMG]
    Will Grenfell measurments be added to size chart as well?[/quote] Yes they will be, working on getting the measurements from them.
    Its up free bump, looks amazing
    Thanks for the bump jaypee!
    Has anyone bought the newspaper bags? I have questions and I really want to see how the small looks.
    re: the ro briefcases, we had to delay the first production because there were issues with the hardware. Sincere apologies, it's a totally new product (the internals are quite complicated as well) so it's taking longer than expected. We will keep everyone posted via the usual channels. Once the final products are available for sale, we will photograph the hell out of them. haganah: I will even put the small size next to an object of your choice, be it an elephant, polar bear or supermodel.

17. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

The measurements of the suits and sportcoats seem a bit strange. I assume that they are European sizes, but a 42.2" chest measurement is huge for an EU44. Surely that measurement can't be right?

18. Valor

Valor Senior member

That beige trench looks sublime, someone buy it for me for christmas!

19. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

I just ordered my first pair of Carmina's. So excited! [​IMG]

Do you have more shoes in store than on your website? I noticed a few styles here I didn't see on the website.

[​IMG]

20. yfyf

I just ordered my first pair of Carmina's. So excited! [​IMG]

Do you have more shoes in store than on your website? I noticed a few styles here I didn't see on the website.

Those were G&G MTO samples that we had in store for a while, alas they have left us! Could still get them as an MTO order, though.