• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
I am sure Austrian ladies in Austria are better looking than the ones who make it out to HK.

i don't think so...

banis

Reaction score
yfyf, congratulations with the store opening and good luck to you!

Originally Posted by fritzl
LR's mother company is from Austria and specialized in traditional footwear compareable to Vass, Alt Wien or Dinkelacker. though, it's not unlikely that their range of accessoires, especially the bags are made under license in Germany.

LR has a number of company stores in Austria and a franchise system for their shops in Austria and Germany.

Your quoted price seems rather low. I'll doublecheck with the LR store in town
smile.gif

As I remember, Alt Wien does not make shoes by itself. They used to place orders at Alfred Sargent and Crockett & Jones.
i wrote compareable. the ones sold here are slightly under VASS and two steps over Dinkelacker(current models).
LR's shoes that I've seen both in Austria and Germany were much less comparable neither to Vass, nor to Dinkelacker. I own shoes of both of these manufacturers and consider of high quality. I wanted to purchase LR, but after seeing them by myself decided to forget about LR shoes.

Can't say anything about LR bags.
Originally Posted by kolecho
I am sure Austrian ladies in Austria are better looking than the ones who make it out to HK.
laugh.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
As I remember, Alt Wien does not make shoes by itself. They used to place orders at Alfred Sargent and Crockett & Jones.

exactly

Originally Posted by banis
LR's shoes that I've seen both in Austria and Germany were much less comparable neither to Vass, nor to Dinkelacker. I own shoes of both of these manufacturers and consider of high quality. I wanted to purchase LR, but after seeing them by myself decided to forget about LR shoes.

Can't say anything about LR bags.

that's all very objective. vass is vass - no discussion.

fwiw, the dinks i have seen in a shop were made of "rubbish" leather and the inside(lining, sockliner) looked cheap. they have a "meisterstück" edition, which i have never handled personally, so i can't tell you.

maybe you can elaborate what made you stay away from LR. understood, i have no card in this game and no economical interest. just want to know.

btw, the bags are very nice with an important price tag...

banis

Reaction score
exactly

that's all very objective. vass is vass - no discussion.

fwiw, the dinks i have seen in a shop were made of "rubbish" leather and the inside(lining, sockliner) looked cheap. they have a "meisterstück" edition, which i have never handled personally, so i can't tell you.

maybe you can elaborate what made you stay away from LR. understood, i have no card in this game and no economical interest. just want to know.

btw, the bags are very nice with an important price tag...

I saw LR's shoes last December in Vienna. I do not really remember anything great about it.
As for rubbish leather of Dinkelacker
confused.gif
that is all that I can say to you. I have a pair and can't say that its leather is cheap or plastic.
plain.gif

JR'85

Reaction score
Love this raincoat. Hurry up and get the online store running!

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the split toe blucher in the above pic. Would you mind telling me the price ?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
This would be a great photo if Alan's socks weren't in them!

Great stuff! The Ring Jacket cut is fantastic.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Really like the split toe blucher in the above pic. Would you mind telling me the price ?

+1, very impressed with the Carmina pics I have seen recently. The split-toe posted above looks great. Patrick was also wearing a very nice suede Carmina when I saw him on the recent Chan tour.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Yeah i can't wait for the Armoury e-shop to open, the carmina suede wholecuts are awesome looking.

why not send yfyf an email/ PM i am sure they could do you a transaction without the E-store being live?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Good idea

smile.gif

chop chop, before the grass grow's!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads