• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sure buts it's the only company that gives a damn about this.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had them replace the phone and the glass on the second phone under warranty this year. First time, the glass was separating so new phone. That phone I did drop and cracked it from the corner to the ear slot. I brought it in expecting to pay, but as she didn't see any damage on the metal edge she comped it.

They seem to have some leeway with glass issues.

lefty

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy at the Apple Store wants $140. Phone was dropped in an apple branded silicone case, too.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My coworker, who is a die-hard apple lover, decided to try out a BlackBerry Passport and has bee absolutely loving it for the past couple months. Never thought I would see that happen.

A bit too wide for me to ever want to put in my pockets, but especially for work/email, the UI is really slick. The touch sensitive keyboard is pretty neat too, although at this point, I am not sure I would trade swype for a real keyboard.

While not 100% compatible, being able to run some android apps helps make up for the lack of apps typically associated with non-iOS/Android phones.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I give Apple a lot of ****, but the 5SE is just a weird decision, right? Not so much the dated hardware (which I hate but kind of expected), but the fact that they're using a design that's 3.5 years old at this point.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But we don't know anything about it, whatever it's called, except it's probably smaller right? Not sure how you can judge based on just that info. Leaked reports seem really dubious.

Last edited:

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can never tell at what point we're supposed to start believing the leaked info.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I know I give Apple a lot of ****, but the 5SE is just a weird decision, right? Not so much the dated hardware (which I hate but kind of expected), but the fact that they're using a design that's 3.5 years old at this point.

I suspect if this is real then the device will share a lot of design language with the 6. I just can't imagine that it will share much with the 5 other than screen size.

The latest rumors are it having a newer processor so it won't seem so dated compared to the 7 this fall.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Latest rumors and leaks indicate it will just be a downsized iPhone 6s with the same internals, sans 3D Touch.

I understand what apple's trying to do here, but this begs the question for how this disparate product line evolves over time. The iPhone 5se naming convention makes no ******* sense.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Latest rumors and leaks indicate it will just be a downsized iPhone 6s with the same internals, sans 3D Touch.

I understand what apple's trying to do here, but this begs the question for how this disparate product line evolves over time. The iPhone 5se naming convention makes no ******* sense.

this doesn't mean what you think it does...

the naming has been bonkers since 6SPlus.

the all black 5 was best phone. but my 6 battery life is insanely long.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this doesn't mean what you think it does...

the naming has been bonkers since 6SPlus.

the all black 5 was best phone. but my 6 battery life is insanely long.

What does it mean?

My 5 on ATT by far had the best battery life. It was insane.

I think being on T-Mobile kills my battery life because it's constantly searching for signal in weak reception areas. Having a strong, consistent connection wherever you go does wonders for battery life I've found.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why leave off 3D touch? Apple wants it to be a widely adapted UI paradigm for iOS. Leaving it off new hardware doesn't make sense.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also I will not be happy if Apple Pencil compatibility doesn't trickle down to the next models of the iPad Air and Mini. Reserving it for the Pro would severely limit its potential. Everything i've read from reviews say the device could be the best stylus on the market.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why leave off 3D touch? Apple wants it to be a widely adapted UI paradigm for iOS. Leaving it off new hardware doesn't make sense.

Because they're pricing the new phone lower and they don't want it to cannibalize the 6s.

Also I will not be happy if Apple Pencil compatibility doesn't trickle down to the next models of the iPad Air and Mini. Reserving it for the Pro would severely limit its potential. Everything i've read from reviews say the device could be the best stylus on the market.

It won't make it to the non Pro iPads. It only works when you have the 240 hz refresh rate that only the pro supports from a hardware perspective.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads