• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would break it up as separates (patch pockets, etc…)

some tartan trousers too, man!
FWIW (and it's your money, so by all means tell me to kick rocks lol) I've found I really enjoy jetted pockets on odd jackets/suiting separates.
As well, I think with enough use, a fabric like a donegal w/jetted would take on a rather "fun" insouciant look once the pockets start to bag a bit.
@JT82 because I'm a Steed creep on the socials, I believe that at least one was a Sea Shell (from Harrison's) fabric.

Boisey

Reaction score
Probably.

Lol 😂.

No, we didn't raise prices due to the FX rate.

As explained to many clients during the trip, we prefer a strong dollar because it makes it cheaper for clients to order from us. Some clients moved from MTM to our new In-House Semi-Bespoke Service or even went up to Bespoke. Some Gents ordered 2 Bespoke Jackets rather than 1.

Why would we try and take away that advantage from the client? We both come out on top this way because the extra orders outweighed the added cost of hotels, flights, food, car rental etc. We also just eat a lot more Chick-fil-A than Steaks to help costs 🤣 (Though we did have two amazing Steak Dinners in the 3 weeks).

FX rates never determine our pricing; we get the same amount of GBP if the rate is 1.20 or 2.2

However, as also discussed, the prices will go from £2,800 to £3,000 for a Sport Coat from January 1st, due to this thing happening in the world called Inflation. Costs are way up in the last 18 months, but we kept the prices this year as long as possible. The £200 increase will only apply to jackets. Trousers and waistcoats will stay the same, so 2-Piece and 3-Piece suits will increase by £200 total as well.

3-Piece £5,000
2-Piece £4,000
Jacket £3,000

This will be from January 1st, but any client that wishes to place deposits before that will keep the 2022 price.

Greatly appreciate all the support for Steed and the other A&S Expats on this thread. 👊

Cheers,
Matthew Deboise

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Met with my tailor, Steven Hitchcock, last week in Washington, DC. I just had some minor alterations to do on two suits, my tux, and a sport coat, but I brought my father in law and my brother in law in to get some pieces made. My father in law ended up with two jackets and two odd trousers on order (one jacket in the classic Fox PoW check flannel per my recommendation), my brother in law with a velvet jacket, waistcoat, and tuxedo trousers for his wedding next fall

My wife finally made it to an appointment with me. I think she definitely have a better appreciation for what we’re paying for in bespoke compared to getting something OTR and tailored; she asked me what my next suit was going to be in (that fox PoW check, naturally) so that’s a green flag if I’ve ever heard one!

corpseposeur

Reaction score
First bespoke suit commission from Steed to be made with just one fitting for a wedding in a tropical climate in January. Cloth is linen the Bleu d'France de Maison Hellard.
E1D34C3E-0BCE-4DCA-A79E-98576A3BBBE5_1_201_a.jpeg

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue flannel was the second suit they made when I first started using them. I haven’t worn it since the start of Covid.
I'm back to suit wearing 6+ times a month, so I decided to go for it. I did hesitate because Bay Area winters just aren't that cool anymore. But that's what AC is for!

MrFingers

Reaction score
Not super recent but can’t stop gawking at how well my MTM Steed trousers fit:
608211CC-116C-4896-BD4B-33309A633833.jpeg

really need to learn how to properly iron them though. Highly recommend if anyone’s interested.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not super recent but can’t stop gawking at how well my MTM Steed trousers fit:
View attachment 1853594
really need to learn how to properly iron them though. Highly recommend if anyone’s interested.
Can we see dat ass doe?

In all seriousness, I'd be curious to see the backside haha. I believe once upon a time someone here (maybe Senor Six) said they were unable to offer certain stylistic details (fishtail back, yada yada yada), so would be useful to know if they can.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Can we see dat ass doe?

In all seriousness, I'd be curious to see the backside haha. I believe once upon a time someone here (maybe Senor Six) said they were unable to offer certain stylistic details (fishtail back, yada yada yada), so would be useful to know if they can.
Sure! Pls forgive that I hadn’t ironed them at the time.
99833AE0-58CB-4B07-BACA-6AA948C751D8.jpeg
94478532-90C5-4CAF-992E-DE0390A79CD9.jpeg

There’s still a little bit to clean up on the back but I’m waiting for them to come back next year to get that fixed.

that is true, there are details that are only
available via bespoke. Their MTM is a crude option for those unable to fit into RTW trousers. Not for those looking for a specific look imo. That being said, I don’t think bespoke is that much more if you’re already willing to spend on MTM. Plus the fit will be better and it’ll actually be made by them. I think now they have an option to outsource the MTM trousers or they can be made in house for a small upcharge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads