• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing I want in my size or sizes I can work with.

Great find / tip though.

Last edited:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't remember who gave the tip, and I'm struggling to find the post now, but someone mentioned that there were a bundle of second-quality (mostly) shell shoes sitting in the Freeport, ME store. I gave them a ring and ended up with these guys:

They were labeled as "light brown cordovan". Anyone else have this color cordovan from AE? I think it's a pretty good score, no? This is part one of my first shell purchase with the other pair being a burgundy Westchester. @rostov thought that the recent drop of cordovan Westchesters to the shoe bank might be first quality, and I think he is correct. They look superb.

These look like Walnut shell or Truffle/Cappuccino shell, to me. Almost certainly not Natural.

jigsawrecords

Reaction score
Ben from Freeport sent the entire list of their custom shoes in stock in Freeport, and for everyone's convenience, here it is (I'm not sure what the strikethroughs mean...maybe they were sold already):

thanks for the tip! going to try out some Dundee's.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I paid $349 for them.

Unreal score! Would almost certainly be natural shell since I doubt a walnut or truffle pair has been sitting around for that long in that condition.

I am staring that the navy shell Park Ave in 8E trying to talk myself out of it, I honestly don't have much use for a shoe that formal so will probably have to pass. If they are $349 I could end up regretting that decision though.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unreal score! Would almost certainly be natural shell since I doubt a walnut or truffle pair has been sitting around for that long in that condition.

I am staring that the navy shell Park Ave in 8E trying to talk myself out of it, I honestly don't have much use for a shoe that formal so will probably have to pass. If they are $349 I could end up regretting that decision though.
Agreed about Natural shell. Walnut shell is a unicorn. I have 2 truffle shells from AE (wore both this week) and they are significantly darker.

I'm trying to determine if my 11.5E foot will fit in blue and green 11D's! Damn that list!

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really doubt that's natural shell. It's way too dark for natural.

The Park Aves are $399 - I just talked to Ben. Buy them so I can't change my mind and buy them.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its most certainly natural. Given we don't know they lighting conditions or camera settings. Def. not truffle though. Natural shell differs batch to batch it seems. I have true Walnut shell Daltons that are really close to natural. Thought sometimes the warehouse labels the natural Walnut. Like the strands I had and the Leeds I just got. Don't think a Walnut shell leeds was ever a stock item. Especially with brass eyelets.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really doubt that's natural shell. It's way too dark for natural.

My guess is that is why they are seconds, and being suggested/sold as "light brown". They realized this too dark to be sold as natural.

Probably not enough consistency or amount of hide, to offer them as firsts under another "colour name."

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll agree to disagree. My opinion stems from my personal experience with both walnut and natural shell.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Enjoy the Strands - they're quite lovely!

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I'd enjoy those. Regret selling mine but I just don't wear Bals at all really. I'm not a stickler on the shade of Natural. I kinda liked the ones that were darker torwards the Walnut.

Given the high rate of 2nds it seems judging by that list, if everything else was good I doubt they'd classify them as 2nds because of the shade. But who knows.

rostov

Reaction score

My local Carmina shop (ToBox) has a Navy Shell wholecut in my size. I keep thinking about it, but I'd never wear them... Thankfully, they're way overpriced.

mrfixit

Reaction score
My guess is that is why they are seconds, and being suggested/sold as "light brown". They realized this too dark to be sold as natural.

Probably not enough consistency or amount of hide, to offer them as firsts under another "colour name."

ha! i'll take every pair of shell that is $300 off because it is too dark a shade.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads