• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just the sole. I had it done with dainite.

rostov

Reaction score
Thanks for backing me up, Dubsy. Haters gonna hate I guess.

And that leads us (ahem, leeds us) to today's MTO: Leeds in Golden Brown CXL.

Specs:
- Leeds Derby Shoes
- Leather: Golden Brown Chromexcel
- Exposed antique brass eyelets
- Tan contrast stitching
- Chili split reverse welt
- Double butyl leather outsole
- Light brown transparent edge dressing
- Standard Brown leather insole

Resurrecting a dinosaur thread here. @bl@ster , I'm curious how these have held up?

Thinking of doing this make-up on the 65 last a la the Varno 2.0 at $249 if we can get backers (and assuming we can get this shoe at that price)

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Resurrecting a dinosaur thread here. @bl@ster
, I'm curious how these have held up? 

Thinking of doing this make-up on the 65 last a la the Varno 2.0 at $249 if we can get backers (and assuming we can get this shoe at that price)

I can't say -- haven't worn them yet. I've got a MDubs type number of new shoes to christen and these haven't happened yet. But I'm sure they'll hold up fine... there are many datapoints of CXL shoes to pull from.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would be in!!!

I would also be interested in that GMTO. Even better with Toby minilug tap sole.:nest:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tentatively interested, depending on the sole. Would prefer Dainite or v-tread.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the news from Allison today: my oxen Eagles fell from the nest. A new pair currently being hatched now. ETA uncertain.

On the other hand, I still love my Kenilworth!

Last edited:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the news from Allison today: my oxen Eagles fell from the nest. A new pair currebtly being hatched now. TBA uncertain.

On the other hand, I still love my Kenilworth!

Really sweet Kenilworths. Sorry to hear about your eagles.

In other news, my navy shell Dundees bloom like crazy in the rolls. It's actually really impressive.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really sweet Kenilworths. Sorry to hear about your eagles.

In other news, my navy shell Dundees bloom like crazy in the rolls. It's actually really impressive.

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

;)

AndyC

Reaction score
I've decided to sell my Chili Grain Eagle River GMTOs, and thought I'd give the forum a shot before I list them in the marketplace. They were classified as seconds, although I think they're in great shape. Size 7E. PM me with interest.

neelp3

Reaction score
I've decided to sell my Chili Grain Eagle River GMTOs, and thought I'd give the forum a shot before I list them in the marketplace. They were classified as seconds, although I think they're in great shape. Size 7E. PM me with interest.
Just PM'd you!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
questionsgems