• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

garland

Reaction score
Tobox? Any idea on the ETA for trunk show orders from the philadelphia store?
ToBox indeed. Tung is a great guy, does top notch work.

We have received all of our non limited color shoes from the trunk show, as far as i know at least, and the limited colors are starting to trickle in. I know that we have a green leeds showing up today. Are you expecting a shoe from us? Shoot me a PM if you are and I'll take a look.

Kyle

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
So if he's conservative and its black shell, then what was the problem with the black welt and edge? What was it supposed to be?

garland

Reaction score
Quote:
It was supposed to be medium brown like the calf version. he really liked the detail that it adds. Still conservative but not quite as subdued.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was supposed to be medium brown like the calf version. he really liked the detail that it adds. Still conservative but not quite as subdued. 

Is that "tan saddle leather" calf? Or is it cow? What are its particular properties compared to the standard dress cow, and why was it used in several different models this past fall? Was it the color or some other property? Do you know?

Sorry, I'm always curious. By the way, I am convinced that the leather used in last year's shaker heights models was nappa, but no one has been able to confirm that for me.

Anywho, loving my GMTO Eagles:

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Got an email from Allison this a.m. saying that misaligned eyelets on one of my Brown Grain EC qualify the boot for 2nd quality pricing. The refunded amount and reimbursement for shipping a fellow GMTO'er his (mismailed) boots juuuust about covers Suede Badlands GMTO. Wearing with my fat flat laces in her honor today:

Also made my first Saphir purchase this week - Neutral Cordovan Polish. Tested it, along with some VSC, on my #8 shell Bradleys last night (w/before & after pics):

It doesn't seem like wax is even needed after the cream treatment...and the color is really popping. (MAKE THIS SHOE A BOOT, PLEASE, PAUL)

Can't wait to try it out on my soon to be shipped (1/20) Brown Shell Townley!

Happy Friday everyone

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I must say the eyelets seem a lot better than some I'm seen on firsts. My Townleys were classified as 2nds due to it as well. I'm almost expecting my trunk show mto to be a 2nd as well given what I've seen lately. Were your Townleys the GMTO I assume?

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
yes the Shaker leather is different...softer for sure. That has been a constant complaint of mine is that AE is so non detail oriented with their leather.....it is frustrating when Brown leather covers everything from corrected leather to chamois...oh well

sporting the Shakers today.....

AndyC

Reaction score
Yeap. I got a 1/4 zip one last year and have been really happy with it. Very warm and light weight, and the wife likes it. So I decided to try this one.

allenedmonds_fall-2014_sweaters_button-mock_brown_l.jpg

Plug they have long's too which is nice being 6'3"

Then decided to try these trousers. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SFAE8001_1_40000000001_-1?style=AE8001

Haven't had any before so not sure of the fit. But $80 for made in usa I figure I'd give it a try.

I know the clothing line gets a bad rap as a hobby but the clearance prices make them a good value in my opinion.

Do the trousers fit TTS or are they vanity? $80 for made in USA wool pants is a nice deal.

garland

Reaction score
Is that "tan saddle leather" calf? Or is it cow? What are its particular properties compared to the standard dress cow, and why was it used in several different models this past fall? Was it the color or some other property? Do you know?

Sorry, I'm always curious. By the way, I am convinced that the leather used in last year's shaker heights models was nappa, but no one has been able to confirm that for me.

The tan saddle is indeed calf. I checked the specs for it today as well as the shaker heights. As far as i can tell the shaker heights is not nappa leather. I forget what they call it off the top of my head but its in line with the leathers that we use for the shoes, although its possible that its finished in a different manor to make it softer. The trade off being that it wont take as high of a shine.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The tan saddle is indeed calf. I checked the specs for it today as well as the shaker heights. As far as i can tell the shaker heights is not nappa leather. I forget what they call it off the top of my head but its in line with the leathers that we use for the shoes, although its possible that its finished in a different manor to make it softer. The trade off being that it wont take as high of a shine. 

Thanks for checking! :)

It's funny, I could have sworn that the leather on shakers was cowhide, based on the creasing patterns and thickness. The sponginess and wrinkling suggested nappa to me, plus it seems overly sensitive to water (mine have gotten seemingly permanent stains from drops of water).

Anyway I do love my shakers!

Thanks for the info re: tan saddle.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score

yes the Shaker leather is different...softer for sure. That has been a constant complaint of mine is that AE is so non detail oriented with their leather.....it is frustrating when Brown leather covers everything from corrected leather to chamois...oh well sporting the Shakers today.....
Even more so with the current/close out model with olive tweed. It's made with golden brown CXL but there's not reference to that at all on the website.

tjyoung

Reaction score

This is literally my go-to shoe for anything now. The leather color and sole type make it good for almost any occasion. Even in this Michigan weather, it handles most conditions well. Loving them and glad we committed to it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads