• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
The Franciscan in navy shell sounds like a great idea. My shoe budget has been blown for the forseeable future, otherwise I'd have to give that makeup some serious thought....hmmm...:p

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

My name is Joshua and I work at the new Buckhead Allen Edmonds store here in Atlanta (and proud owner of many AE shoes!). I think most of you guys have heard about the Shell Cordovan trunk shows coming up. I have some more info for you.

When
The trunk shows are limited to just a couple of stores. Ours will be November 20, 5-8pm

What is offered
--ANY current welt in our standard burgundy or black cordovan for $650 (shoes) or $725 (boots) which essentially eliminates the SMU fee for the evening.

--Like Ryan in Chicago posted, we will also offer the following styles in LIMITED colored Navy, Hunter Green, Dark Brown, and Natural cordovan: Park Avenue, Leeds, Macneil, Dundee, Strand, and Patriot for the same prices listed above. That means no upcharge for the color change.

--Any other current welt is available in the limited colors, but it will be subject to the $125 SMU fee.

--You can customize the outsole, insole, lining, eyestays and various other elements of the shoe for no extra charge as well.

Summary
-Any welted shoe in black/burgundy cordovan - $650
-Any welted boot in black/burgundy cordovan - $725
-Colored cordovan for 6 selected styles - no SMU fee
-Colored cordovan for other welt styles - $125 SMU fee

Contact and Ordering
You can pre-order through our store if you like. We have a current estimated ship date of December 22. We can take your order over the phone, email or PM--you will not be charged until the date of the event.
Store email: [email protected]
Store phone: 404-665-0149

--------------------------------------

On a personal note, this is my first post of styleforum. Glad to be here and huge personal fan of the AE brand as well as StyleForum. Let me know how I can help.

Thinking about doing the Mora 2.0 in Navy, but the 108 isn't great on my foot. I currently have the Dundee in brown shell and the Park Ave in Burgundy shell...along with the other calf shoes. Personally I kind of wish handsewns were eligible because I'd love to have the Cavanaugh in natural. So to answer your question...I'm still debating...but I might do the Franciscan instead of the Mora. It depends what is left after our customers make their selections.

Thanks for the information! It is fun to see all the stores hop on here!

I am doing a Mora 2.0 in Navy Shell, definitely suggest you give it a go if you can!!! I am basing mine off the below Carmina... However, I am fortunate to have a narrow foot and low instep, so I know that many designs work for me that doesn't work for others...

Cheers and have fun at your trunk show!!

-Mike

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just stopped into the Madison Ave store to exchange my blighted Bleeckers (alliteration intended).

The manager has no intention of taking pre-orders. He's more interested in trying to get regular clients in the door for the event. Hoping I can make it!

AllenEdmondsATL

Reaction score
Thanks for the information! It is fun to see all the stores hop on here!

I am doing a Mora 2.0 in Navy Shell, definitely suggest you give it a go if you can!!! I am basing mine off the below Carmina... However, I am fortunate to have a narrow foot and low instep, so I know that many designs work for me that doesn't work for others...

Cheers and have fun at your trunk show!!

-Mike
Those are stunning. I wear a lot of browns and grays...how beautiful would this be?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are stunning. I wear a lot of browns and grays...how beautiful would this be?

Problem will be finding a navy calf dress belt. Yall don't make one. Maybe rancourt does?

I'm trying to figure this out for my navy calf eagle counties. I've got the navy cotton smith belt, but that's way too casual for dressy boots like these:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Problem will be finding a navy calf dress belt. Yall don't make one. Maybe rancourt does?

I'm trying to figure this out for my navy calf eagle counties. I've got the navy cotton smith belt, but that's way too casual for dressy boots like these:

Take a look at Equus leather if you haven't already. Their "Midnight Blue" (see this page) color looks to be perfect for navy calfskin or shell. I would have ordered one already to go with my navy calf and shell shoes if I didn't already have a couple of navy belts from other places (Epaulet and Brooks Brothers). I have a few Equus belts and I find them to be the some of the best I've ever owned.

Last edited:

tjyoung

Reaction score
Take a look at Equus leather if you haven't already. Their "Midnight Blue" (see this page) color looks to be perfect for navy calfskin or shell. I would have ordered one already to go with my navy calf and shell shoes if I didn't already have a couple of navy belts from other places (Epaulet and Brooks Brothers). I have a few Equus belts and I find them to be the some of the best I've ever owned.

They need to update their website picture if that is actually a blue belt. The RGB of that color is (27,21,17), which is pretty much...brown.

I'm also looking around for a navy belt, specifically a little lighter than the AE navy. If anyone has other suggestions, please share.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

They need to update their website picture if that is actually a blue belt. The RGB of that color is (27,21,17), which is pretty much...brown.

I'm also looking around for a navy belt, specifically a little lighter than the AE navy. If anyone has other suggestions, please share.

Strange that you are getting brown out of that midnight blue. Their picture of the midnight blue belt always look to be a perfect match to navy shell to my eyes (I believe there are more pictures scattered throughout their site as well as their affiliate thread on SF). And this has been backed up by people who ordered the Equus midnight blue belt specifically to match navy shell shoes.

Epaulet has a couple of navy belt options. I have the navy calfskin one and it is a bit lighter than my Carmina navy shell shoes. I think the quality of the belt itself is decent, but if I could do over I would order the Equus leather one instead.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
The Franciscan in navy shell sounds like a great idea. My shoe budget has been blown for the forseeable future, otherwise I'd have to give that makeup some serious thought....hmmm...
tongue.gif
The Franciscan in shell is amazing. I love mine in burgundy shell, blue would be awesome.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Brown Shell GMTO Bayfield arrived today. Got them over lunch, and was stoked the rest of the day to clean them up.

After a Reno treating, a good wipe down with a wet rag, and a VSC treatment. I put in some flat laces, and like the look a lot better. I wore them this evening for a few hours. Great shoe. Sorry the lighting isn't the best.

(next to my MTO Bourbon Eagle County boots from early this year)

(Burgundy Shell Dalton to the left)

I love the sole on this. I have mini tap soles on a few pairs. But this is the Mini lug, and just love it. So comfortable.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AllenEdmondsATL

Good to see you around Joshua, Looking forward to stopping by that evening. However make sure Lupe has a Natural and Navy spot on hold for Carl!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos