• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I've been wanting to do a pair in shell under the old MTO ever since I saw these, but didn't get around to. Now with the fee waived i'm thinking long and hard about it again.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
For the dress welts you can get them in either the black, brown, or burgundy shell with the fee waived. Which I'm pretty positive the Franciscan is a dress welt. So its like the MTO of old, for a day.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Ok...I guess I have no idea what a dress WELT is ......lol...I just assumed it was some sort of typo when originally posted...too funny. Very cool deal...still deciding on the Dundee and the Leeds in brown and blue...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok...I guess I have no idea what a dress WELT is ......lol...I just assumed it was some sort of typo when originally posted...too funny. Very cool deal...still deciding on the Dundee and the Leeds in brown and blue...

They refer to shoes as "welts"

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it refers to shoes that are not the handsewns or DR shoes?

htjouster

Reaction score
Townleys showed up at my office today. Really like the look and am glad I was able to get in on the GMTO on these. Some quick iPhone pics:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Look fantastic! Hoping I hear something on mine sometime soon. Having just one or two trickle out is compounding the wait for me at least. Been odd how the orders are all over the place.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Got shell Bayfields. Wow.

Want more things.

@watchidiot , please PM me about any and every new MTO. Especially shell ones. Wow.

AllenEdmondsATL

Reaction score
Quote:
Hey just let me know.

The fee is waived for the Franciscan? Was that one of the original listed models?

The SMU (Special Make Up) charge is waived on current welts in black or burgundy cordovan....so you could do the Franciscan in either of those two colors for $650. To do it in blue, you would have to add the SMU fee.

Yep, the shoes that are 360 welted we simply call welts. That differentiates them from the DR, handsewn, and Italian loafers.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those in the know what is the welt called on the Sturgis and long branch...it sticks out further than other welts making it look more bootish...

garland

Reaction score
Its a normal split reverse welt. Same as found on the norwich or macneil.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SMU (Special Make Up) charge is waived on current welts in black or burgundy cordovan....

Joshua,

There seems to be conflicting reports on whether standard brown cordovan is included in the sale or not. James Pietryka, the Manager of the Allen Edmonds store on State Street in Downtown Boston, clarified after someone asked that it was indeed included. Yesterday, I was told in the Atlanta store that it was not included. Your message above did not include brown shell.

Is it included? I hope so because I want to order a pair of brown shell Dundees. Please let us all know definitively.

Thanks!!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78