• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snuff Suede Plain Toe Boots
From B&M
Size 9.5D
Worn once
$375 shipped in the USA

It appears that these laces have stained the piping (see photo) on one boot. It’s not noticeable when they are laces and on foot but wanted to point it out.

IMG_9185.jpeg
IMG_9186.jpeg
IMG_9187.jpeg
IMG_9188.jpeg

_TCB_

Reaction score
Alden x Sid Mashburn Horween Ravello Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher

-Last: Aberdeen
-Size: 12D
-Leather: Horween Ravello Shell Cordovan
-Sole: Leather
-Condition: EUC - no box or bags
-Price: $450.00 OBO Shipped CONUS

SOLD

_TCB_

Reaction score
Alden x TSM Horween Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Blucher

-Last: Aberdeen
-Size: 12D
-Leather: Horween Ravello Shell Cordovan
-Sole: Leather
-Condition: EUC - no box or bags
-Price: $450.00 OBO Shipped CONUS

SOLD

IndyCollector

Reaction score
Ravello Shell Cordovan Straight tip boots
Grant Last
9D
Commando Soles

I’ve worn these three times. They still have the shell bloom on them and you can see how mint the soles are.
I was on multi-year long waiting list for these and picked them up from Alden NYC.

Believe they were $1100

$850 shipped with Alden bags.

I’ve bought and sold many shoes/boots on this group and can provide references, if necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_5330.jpeg
    IMG_5330.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5329.jpeg
    IMG_5329.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5331.jpeg
    IMG_5331.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5333.jpeg
    IMG_5333.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 436418198_10161812221485101_326852536135933424_n.jpg
    436418198_10161812221485101_326852536135933424_n.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 148

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I’m looking for Aldens, Barrie last, size US 11 A / C. Any condition considered.

Please send a pm if you have any pairs to sell.

Thanks, AHS
Hi, curious what's your brannock & if you have tried various sizes to determine 11C is best or are you just on your first test fit & taking a shot?

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, curious what's your brannock & if you have tried various sizes to determine 11C is best or are you just on your first test fit & taking a shot?

I’ve been wearing Aldens for a long time… I have odd long and narrow feet and found that my best fit was Barrie 11 aa/b. But my feet have continued to widen and flatten out as I have gotten older. Unfortunately I had to sell off my 11 aa/b pairs as they just were not as comfortable as they had been in the past. But I have already purchased two pairs of 11 a/c in Barrie and they feel and fit better.

Hope that helps.

basstoyourface

Reaction score
I’ve been wearing Aldens for a long time… I have odd long and narrow feet and found that my best fit was Barrie 11 aa/b. But my feet have continued to widen and flatten out as I have gotten older. Unfortunately I had to sell off my 11 aa/b pairs as they just were not as comfortable as they had been in the past. But I have already purchased two pairs of 11 a/c in Barrie and they feel and fit better.

Hope that helps.
Do you have ANY still? I'm actually curious how it would fit., been looking at a pair in 11b, but I just don't have an affordable way to trying on a pair just to test. What's your brannock? Are you wearing them half down or..? 11.5C?

Don't sell yourself short!
We don't have odd feet ;).

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Is there anywhere that sells whiskey shell cordovan LHS?

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
ebay, unless you’re able to get yourself on a waiting list for them.

Gotcha, so there are places that occasionally run new drops? Does Brooks Brothers? I'm most interested in the unlined LHS in whiskey but I was under the impression that was a one off for Brooks Brothers

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, so there are places that occasionally run new drops? Does Brooks Brothers? I'm most interested in the unlined LHS in whiskey but I was under the impression that was a one off for Brooks Brothers

the whiskey unlined lhs for bb is a unicorn, basically impossible to find.

bb no longer sells alden and nobody else can get unlined shell LHS anymore. only a couple shops even could get unlined front LHS (frans boone, Beams Japan, lakota house) and i'm not sure they'll do them again either.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no place "stocks" rare shell. It's at the retailer's discretion on who get them. To my knowledge, each "good" retailer is allocated some are shell each year, then they choose the makeup they want to produce from it, and then, 99% of the time, it goes to the retailers better customers (or, more generally, to good Alden customers). By "good retailers," I mean don't expect a retailer who stocks one model of basic Alden's to have a rare shell offering.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
the whiskey unlined lhs for bb is a unicorn, basically impossible to find.

bb no longer sells alden and nobody else can get unlined shell LHS anymore. only a couple shops even could get unlined front LHS (frans boone, Beams Japan, lakota house) and i'm not sure they'll do them again either.
Normally I'm always arriving at the station as the train is departing but at least this time I missed the train by years

ah well, another pseudo grail item I'll never get

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads