• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look stunning.
Here’s what I mailed him. Lol. He’s a magician. Jim is, too. I can’t choose between them. It’s like my shared love of Alden and AE.

IMG_9969.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here used Bedo’s in Falls Church, VA? I have a pair of Coffee Fifth Avenues that will need a resole and possibly a re-dye soon. I’m curious about his prices as they’re not posted online. I would just call and ask but the shop is closed for vacation until August.
I live and work in the DC area, so I go to Bedos for everything. He is pricey—partly because the area is expensive, but mostly because he is terrific. Call and ask for pricing when he’s back.
If you want a great short wing derby, and are willing to shell out a good amount of coin, consider the Pembroke from C&J.
I can’t risk that because sizing needs to be perfect for me due to the orthotics. I’m considering getting a bespoke shoe done with the footbed custom molded and supported so I don’t need an orthotic.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What even is the 2016? That completely screws me over if I wanted to get the crocs…the chili looks nice. (I won’t be buying)
The 2016 is for people with normal feet. Smaller throat, thinner heel, higher toe box. Just superior to the 79 in every way.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have a Randolph penny, sneaker penny, bit, sneaker bit... Fellas. I present to you....

The Randolph Crappy Kiltie!

1689820990131.png

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have a Randolph penny, sneaker penny, bit, sneaker bit... Fellas. I present to you....

The Randolph Crappy Kiltie!

View attachment 1993759

PORON® Embrace​

Choice Series

Rogers PORON Embrace is an adaptable cushion that retains the memory of its original shape for a continuously custom fit.

--

This sounds like some Johnston and Murphy Trampoline Comfort garbage...

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I mailed him. Lol. He’s a magician. Jim is, too. I can’t choose between them. It’s like my shared love of Alden and AE.

View attachment 1993671

Were you the original owner of those, or did you buy those pre-owned? I'm surprised that a lot of people on Ebay are asking for $500 for used Alden boots. I could get a new pair for just $100-150 more in most of those cases.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were you the original owner of those, or did you buy those pre-owned? I'm surprised that a lot of people on Ebay are asking for $500 for used Alden boots. I could get a new pair for just $100-150 more in most of those cases.
Original owner. Bought in 2018. Wore them hard. (Photo: when they were close to new.)

IMG_1670.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 2016 is for people with normal feet. Smaller throat, thinner heel, higher toe box. Just superior to the 79 in every way.
Smaller throat? Like smaller opening? I feel like my Randolph heels go to high up my foot.

Peitron

Reaction score
OK, so it's pretty obvious that my Higgins Mills have zero arch support. I have low insteps, flat feet and overpronate. The difference is abismal compared to my C&J, Carlos Santos and even Meermin boots. My Hamilton and Fifth St. are also fine, but my HMs just collapse inward when I stand in them.

My question for you all: it this common or is it that my pair has the XL Extralight lug soles? Perhaps it's something I could correct with a resole?

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

PANJ

Reaction score
OK, so it's pretty obvious that my Higgins Mills have zero arch support. I have low insteps, flat feet and overpronate. The difference is abismal compared to my C&J, Carlos Santos and even Meermin boots. My Hamilton and Fifth St. are also fine, but my HMs just collapse inward when I stand in them.

My question for you all: it this common or is it that my pair has the XL Extralight lug soles? Perhaps it's something I could correct with a resole?

I can't really answer your question, but I have come to hate my Higgins Mill, which also have the XL sole, for exactly the same reason (lack of support). I am debating between a resole (probably Dainite) or just selling them.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score

I also have "janky" feet as boot fitters like to call them. High instep, flat feet, and overpronate.

I have double leather on my higgins as well as a vibram sole protector. I like my Higgins. They aren't AS comfortable as certain other brands but they're pretty dang good on the double leather.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds to me like the sole is main problem. I find my Dainite Higgins have pretty decent support, although not as good as some other brands (GS, Alden).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52