• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2008 NCAA Tournament

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I also have them in the finals.

Did you see the assistant in the background when he realized he had to take over lol? Classic!

Seeing the coach ejected reminded me of the Bob Knight days at Indiana.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Go Purdue!! Hometown proud!
Looks like the Indiana schools are having a short run in the tourney. Last night IU goes out, today Purdue and Notre Dame (unless ND pulls off a miracle in the next 2 minutes). Hopefully Butler will do well tomorrow.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Looks like the Indiana schools are having a short run in the tourney. Last night IU goes out, today Purdue and Notre Dame (unless ND pulls off a miracle in the next 2 minutes). Hopefully Butler will do well tomorrow.

No kidding. I at least expected IU to play better against Arkansas. Eric Gordon was just TERRIBLE that entire game. The only play he made anything happen was that dunk with about 8 minutes left, but then he went ice cold the rest of the game.

The Purdue game was just what the NCAA's are all about. A younger, arguably more talented squad pitted against a talented group of seniors who've had the NCAA tourney experience. It was a great game, but you could tell the Sophomores/Freshmen that purdue plays so much just lost composure.
IMO, NCAA tourneys are where seniors step up more than anybody else.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Watching Texas A&M matching up with UCLA. Actually I can hardly watch, I'm rooting for the upset. Very happy to see WVU beat Duke, I have friends who are alumni of WVU.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is UCLA so good if they let it get to that situation in the first place?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
UCLA is so good. The last 30 seconds of that game were absolutely ridiculous.

foulhu2.jpg

Yeah, Sloan wasn't fouled in the least bit
plain.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
foulhu2.jpg

Yeah, Sloan wasn't fouled in the least bit
plain.gif

I'm thinking there was a bit of home court advantage on that one. Weren't they playing in Anaheim?

I'm glad they made it that far and played UCLA like they did. They lost their go-to scorer (Law) and their coach (Gillespie) and still had a good season. Hell, when I was there under Metcalf and Barone, making the NIT was practically out of the question.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on currys mom being a MILF but what a game, that guy can shoot the ball lights out. he played a great game.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I'm thinking there was a bit of home court advantage on that one. Weren't they playing in Anaheim?

I'm glad they made it that far and played UCLA like they did. They lost their go-to scorer (Law) and their coach (Gillespie) and still had a good season. Hell, when I was there under Metcalf and Barone, making the NIT was practically out of the question.

Honestly, after Gillespie's departure, I thought the program would begin its inevitable descent to mediocrity. (It was only a few years ago that A&M went winless in conference play, IIRC.) But I have to admit that I was impressed with the job that Mark Turgeon's done this year--I don't think he's as good a coach as Gillespie, but I think he's done more than a credible job. That said, I kind of wish A&M has held on to beat UCLA; conference rivalries (for me, anyway) seem to get buried once the postseason starts.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate you, Davidson.
mad.gif

emptym

Reaction score
^ Me too. Well, really I don't. They did well.
I wish we'd won, but at least I get my students back now.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I have 49 points after the first 2 rounds in a standard 1point for 1st round 2points for 2nd round and just doubling from there. Not bad. Only one elite 8 team is done for me so far (usc and i don't know why i picked them) and 12/16 sweet16 teams. I'm not feeling good about my tennessee beating lousiville pick though. Pitino's guys are looking really good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads