• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"That guy" is back

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
This coming from someone who writes enthusiastically about "quality ******* moisturizer? Here's a tip - adding an expletive to sound macho doesn't alter the fact that your blogging about male cosmetics.
untitled1copyax2rf0.jpg

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This coming from someone who writes enthusiastically about "quality ******* moisturizer? Here's a tip - adding an expletive to sound macho doesn't alter the fact that your blogging about male cosmetics.

I think you are misreading his posts. He is not using the word "*******" as an expletive or for emphasis. He is using it to describes the purpose and circumstances in which you would use the moisterizer.

Or perhaps not.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I think you are misreading his posts. He is not using the word "*******" as an expletive or for emphasis. He is using it to describes the purpose and circumstances in which you would use the moisterizer.

Or perhaps not.

lol8[1].gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought those he photographs for the blog were technically strangers. You know, off da street ))))
It's just that they were kind enough not to tell him to **** Off
plain.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yea they're strangers, but he tells them who he is and that their photo is going to be on a blog that many people visit

mendel

Reaction score
Yup, this is his livelihood. I definitely see his position.

I think that's the problem. I really enjoyed his blog in the beginning, right after he started it instead of just posting to AAAC. But back then he was hanging out in the same sort of neighbourhoods his readers live in, he was observing, and he was doing it because he enjoyed it.

Now he's prescribing instead of observing, and he's got a quota to hit, and he's travelling the world to do it. The only thing that's the same is the name of the blog and the photos of people wearing clothes.

It's too bad, because I'd enjoy a "here's what [major cities] are wearing today" blog that didn't have all of those problems. Sort of like a WAYWN thread that isn't self-selected.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mendel
I think that's the problem. I really enjoyed his blog in the beginning, right after he started it instead of just posting to AAAC. But back then he was hanging out in the same sort of neighbourhoods his readers live in, he was observing, and he was doing it because he enjoyed it.

Now he's prescribing instead of observing, and he's got a quota to hit, and he's travelling the world to do it. The only thing that's the same is the name of the blog and the photos of people wearing clothes.

It's too bad, because I'd enjoy a "here's what [major cities] are wearing today" blog that didn't have all of those problems. Sort of like a WAYWN thread that isn't self-selected.

Yeah - and more pictures of "normal" people vs. industry insiders. I agree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads