1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

just got my huckberry x taylor stitch explorer shirt in the mail. its big. very big. size down 2 sizes big...

unless it shrinks. but i dunno about that yet.

2. meso

meso Senior member

I wouldn't mind the variance in TS sizing if they actually updated the size charts for each shirt.
    Right now it's a total crapshoot.

3. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

The only gotcha I've come across is when some shirts are trimmer; I have to go up from a 36 to 38. Kind of ruins the perfect fit, though, if the shirt isn't an over shirt piece.

My favorite shirts are from TS.

4. digga

digga Senior member

TS sizing is pretty sketchy. Probably why new shirts sell out in a few hours. Everyone that wants one has to buy three sizes and return the two that don't fit.

Love my white 40 oxford though.

5. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

I agree, I've had a fair bit of trouble working out sizing. I am normally a small is most shirts I wear, I can wear a 38 is TS but the length is a little short. So go with a 40.

In jackets I have to wear a 38, I have tried the project jacket is 38-40 and the 40 looks huge on me. The 38 is pretty well spot on.

6. Louys

Louys Senior member

From what I've bought from them I've found sizing very consistent. They definitely have a shorter cut than most places but the only item I've bought from the, where it was a little too much, the project jacket, they rectified in the second release.

7. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

From my limited experience, TS sizing does seem to be a little odd. I usually wear a small, but for TS stuff XS works better. They do cut their stuff shorter than most others, but I've been able to get a good fit in the shoulders that way so I'll stick to that. I did get a crewneck sweater that seems to be sized smaller than their other stuff, though. I ordered an XS and they accidentally sent me a S, but it fit just right so I kept it.

8. taylorstitch

taylorstitch Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

I'm Jim and I'll be taking the reins as Taylor Stitch's Styleforum contact. We've got some exciting news about the brand and some of the projects we've got on the cooker.

As you guys may or may not know, we're an SF-based indie brand specializing in casual, ethically made menswear. With few exceptions, all of our goods are made right here in San Francisco. One of those exceptions are our custom shirts, which we've been doing since day one of the business and which are manufactured at Mel Gambert in New Jersey.

We've got a great tailored fit that we've been honing for years. Our specialty are durable, casual classics -- denim, oxford shirts, t-shirts, and practical outerwear. We release new stuff each and every Wednesday like clockwork to our retail shops (two in San Francisco) and our online site

I'd like especially to bring to your attention the Taylor Stitch Workshop. The Workshop is crowdfunding done our way. We found that our weekly releases were selling out so fast that some of our most loyal customers were having a tough time getting their mitts on goods in their size. The Workshop is our answer to making sure that everybody gets a seat at the table -- with a nice price break as icing on the cake. Come check it out-- we've launched the Workshop with our fan favorite Standard Issue Chinos and some great casual shirting for Fall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm completely at your disposal. Get at me with any questions, comments, or feedback you've got. Curious about sizing? I'm your guy. Shrinkage on the Italian denim? You're in the right place. You can reach me right here on the thread, via PM, or hit me up at my email, jim [at] taylorstitch [dot] com. :cheers:

9. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Jim,

Thanks for contributing! I have a pair of chinos in democratic fit that are a touch tight in the waist. According to the measurements on the workshop chinos, the waist size is 0.5" more than the democratic fit chinos. In my case, ordering the same size should be a perfect fit, correct? How is the fit on the Workshop chino? It does not seem to be a dedicated slim fit, which is great for me.

These compared to the Workshop version.
    http://taylorstitch.com/collections...ed-summer-twill-chino-townsend-democratic-fit

I have a tough time finding chinos that fit well because of my thigh and seat. The democratic fit in the thigh and seat is great for me.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  10. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Hey @taylorstitch welcome (back).

Will all new releases be Workshop-based now, or will you still do "actual" drops w/ stock on hand that ships shortly after ordering?

11. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Great brand and happy to see you guys back on the forums.

My favorite thing about the brand is the suit jacket sizing they employ for shirts: 36, 38, 40, 42...Makes us "tweeners" happy.

Solid fabric and construction. For staples and casual wear, the TS crew has it nailed down.

The workshop idea is awesome! Can we submit ideas to you guys?

12. lbrig

lbrig Senior member

What happens if a workshop order isn't fulfilled? Will the navy chinos still be made even if it doesn't reach 100%?

13. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Also curious about this. Are the workshop products being made regardless, even if in fewer quantities?

I've experience a lot of inconsistency with pants sizing - obviously this isn't intentional, but I'm a bit hesitant to order and wait a month for items that don't fit right. Has anything changed to keep things more consistent or is it just the traditional exchange if something doesn't work out?

14. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I believe they are offering the stock they will EVENTUALLY carry, hence the slight discount. As such, they should be able to exchange. Not sure about refund.

I'm pretty sure they state that somewhere on the workshop site.

15. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Hey Jim thanks for introducing yourself. I just found your label a few months ago, via SF, and have bought a few tshirts and a sweat shirt. I have been looking at some shirts and will probably ask you some sizing questions when i get ready to buy because i am not too tall but have broad shoulders, that always complicates things when buying off the web.

Look forward to seeing your companys future offerings

16. taylorstitch

Yes, you should order the same size! While we do tinker with the pattern for our slim and straight ("democratic") fits from time to time, we try not to make any serious alterations that'll alienate old fans. I hate when something becomes a part of my uniform and then somebody goes and wrecks it on me. I think you'll find that the same size will be ever so slightly looser in the waistband and then familiar all the way through the rest of the top block and leg.

We'll still be proceeding with on-hand drops along with the Workshop. Expect the Workshop to be split between things we know are gonna blow out, and some more adventurous ideas that are a little out of our typical wheelhouse. Plus, we'll be manufacturing stock runs for just about everything that comes out of the Workshop-- those'll launch straight to the site and our retail shops as normal.

Thanks for the kind words! We're glad to be back on SF, too.

We'd love to hear your ideas and feedback for the Workshop-- just don't expect any royalties on anything we wind up making and selling. :devil:

Live by the sword, die by the sword! We probably won't go ahead with anything that washes out in the Workshop. We may still produce some as a stock run, but we'll definitely be scaling the size of our stock orders based on response to the Workshop.

Yeah, we're going to be making more than the ordered quantity -- partly so that we can stock some, as I mentioned above, and also to facilitate easy exchanges for guys who need to change a size. Returns and exchanges should work exactly as normal.

As far as consistency goes-- I'm sorry you had a problem! If you wind up with something that doesn't feel like it fits on spec, don't hesitate to let us know so we can take care of you. Our factories are pretty low-tech and wind up using a lot of handwork. The folks there are seasoned pros, but sometimes there's a little bit of variance. It happens pretty rarely, and it happens less and less as we continue to work with same factories over the months/years. That said, if you should happen to somehow draw the short straw we'll definitely have additional units set aside for exactly that purpose.

That's great to hear! You can hit me up whenever you have questions and I'll strive to get back to you inside of 24 hours.

17. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Any idea on when the Yosemite shirts are dropping? Will it be a workshop item or a regular drop?

Thanks!

18. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Now that you have the Workshop production approach, I'm wondering again about the possibility of re-running some of those print shirts (preferably with the collars used originally). It seems like a great opportunity to test out the level of interest some great pieces without having to deal with the risk of low sales.

19. taylorstitch

Expect to see the Yosemite shirts launch to the site before the end of October -- just in time for the weather to start turning crisp.

And while I'm in the house, a little announcement that you guys might dig...

[​IMG]

Taylor Stitch has had a lot of success carrying Rancourt shoes in our brick & mortar shops. We're excited to have the man himself, Kyle Rancourt, in our San Francisco shops this weekend. Swing on by to get some insight on shoe care from the master or talk a little shop. We'll be doing MTO Rancourt shoes, too, so come get while the getting is good.

I'm pretty sure there'll be beer, too. Just saying.

Kyle will be in our shop in the Mission on Saturday from 11 AM to 2 PM, and in our Marina shop on Sunday from 2 PM to 5 PM. If you happen to be in town, come on by.

20. lbrig

lbrig Senior member

Will the Yosemite shirt have the same fit, or perhaps will there be slightly longer sleeves? What colors this year?