Tapatalk (Discuss any problems with app here)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CalTex, Mar 30, 2011.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

**Edit 2 SF NOW ON TAP TALK!!!**

So I have read a thread that some find it fine just browsing the forum via their phones web browser, and I have done this as well but I think almost all would agree that a dedicated app would make it easier. There could be a paid and a free version, I have considered learning to code and create one but that would have to wait until the summer and I would be dedicating my time on making one for the iphone (because I have it) and then the droid (O I also have that one, just I never use it lol)

But are there any programmers on the forum that are working on it? Or that would help with developing one? If I were to jump on the wagon It would not be until the summer (June) and I probably wouldn't be able to code an app until August (at least I hope)

If someone is working on one I would be more than up for paying for it if it hits the app store. If not, then I guess Ill have to wait until the summer to try to create one.

How many of you would use and iOS/android app instead of using the web, would you pay for the app? Obviously it would have to be a solid app.

*Changed the title because of the response I recieved from one of the mods. Mods if this is not okay please delete*

**Edit 2 SF NOW ON TAP TALK!!!**

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The new forum (and it is coming, we are looking at the first iteration right now, and it will be tested extensively before launch) will have Tapatalk. The platform is also being re-made in html5 so it should be compatible with all the platforms people might use.

So I have read a thread that some find it fine just browsing the forum via their phones web browser, and I have done this as well but I think almost all would agree that a dedicated app would make it easier. There could be a paid and a free version, I have considered learning to code and create one but that would have to wait until the summer and I would be dedicating my time on making one for the iphone (because I have it) and then the droid (O I also have that one, just I never use it lol)

But are there any programmers on the forum that are working on it? Or that would help with developing one? If I were to jump on the wagon It would not be until the summer (June) and I probably wouldn't be able to code an app until August (at least I hope)

If someone is working on one I would be more than up for paying for it if it hits the app store. If not, then I guess Ill have to wait until the summer to try to create one.

How many of you would use and iOS/android app instead of using the web, would you pay for the app? Obviously it would have to be a solid app.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    The new forum (and it is coming, we are looking at the first iteration right now, and it will be tested extensively before launch) will have Tapatalk. The platform is also being re-made in html5 so it should be compatible with all the platforms people might use.

Curious when the launch is expected. Tapatalk alone sounds like a great feature to have.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

It had better work with Nokia's os.

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

O man I had no IDEA, you guys were planning this. I am really looking forward to the new site and the app.

Expected release date?????????

6. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

cross posted:

What's so great about tapatalk? (serious question)
    With the right browser I have every (SF) site option on my HTC Desire HD as I have on my computer. It annoys the hell out of me that when I go to a tapatalk supported site I have to say no to wanting to know more about tt. From the sideline it seems like a spam scam.

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I didnt read much about taptalk before changing the title but I did click on the link. From what I am getting from viewing the page is that it makes browsing the site a little bit easier, at least I hope that is the case. I will read reviews tonight and post my findings.

8. Rummage

Rummage Active Member

Taptalk is AWESOME.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have never heard of taptalk.

10. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I have never heard of taptalk.

you have (and i have) now!! [​IMG]

11. JChance

JChance Senior member

An addon to Firefox browser would be nice too

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Does anyone know when the new site will be up?

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i just went to sf from my droid x and it prompted me that an app was available. clicked ok it brought me to tapatalk, i bought it and there was no sf to be found there?

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i just went to sf from my droid x and it prompted me that an app was available. clicked ok it brought me to tapatalk, i bought it and there was no sf to be found there?

Me 2 [​IMG]