• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tapatalk (Discuss any problems with app here)

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
4,199
Reaction score
239
**Edit 2 SF NOW ON TAP TALK!!!**

So I have read a thread that some find it fine just browsing the forum via their phones web browser, and I have done this as well but I think almost all would agree that a dedicated app would make it easier. There could be a paid and a free version, I have considered learning to code and create one but that would have to wait until the summer and I would be dedicating my time on making one for the iphone (because I have it) and then the droid (O I also have that one, just I never use it lol)

But are there any programmers on the forum that are working on it? Or that would help with developing one? If I were to jump on the wagon It would not be until the summer (June) and I probably wouldn't be able to code an app until August (at least I hope)

If someone is working on one I would be more than up for paying for it if it hits the app store. If not, then I guess Ill have to wait until the summer to try to create one.

How many of you would use and iOS/android app instead of using the web, would you pay for the app? Obviously it would have to be a solid app.

*Changed the title because of the response I recieved from one of the mods. Mods if this is not okay please delete*

**Edit 2 SF NOW ON TAP TALK!!!**
 
Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
43,958
Reaction score
17,561
The new forum (and it is coming, we are looking at the first iteration right now, and it will be tested extensively before launch) will have Tapatalk. The platform is also being re-made in html5 so it should be compatible with all the platforms people might use.

Originally Posted by CalTex
So I have read a thread that some find it fine just browsing the forum via their phones web browser, and I have done this as well but I think almost all would agree that a dedicated app would make it easier. There could be a paid and a free version, I have considered learning to code and create one but that would have to wait until the summer and I would be dedicating my time on making one for the iphone (because I have it) and then the droid (O I also have that one, just I never use it lol)

But are there any programmers on the forum that are working on it? Or that would help with developing one? If I were to jump on the wagon It would not be until the summer (June) and I probably wouldn't be able to code an app until August (at least I hope)

If someone is working on one I would be more than up for paying for it if it hits the app store. If not, then I guess Ill have to wait until the summer to try to create one.

How many of you would use and iOS/android app instead of using the web, would you pay for the app? Obviously it would have to be a solid app.
 

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
20,277
Reaction score
5,298
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The new forum (and it is coming, we are looking at the first iteration right now, and it will be tested extensively before launch) will have Tapatalk. The platform is also being re-made in html5 so it should be compatible with all the platforms people might use.

Curious when the launch is expected. Tapatalk alone sounds like a great feature to have.
 

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
4,199
Reaction score
239
O man I had no IDEA, you guys were planning this. I am really looking forward to the new site and the app.

Expected release date?????????
 

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
5,063
Reaction score
182
cross posted:

Originally Posted by CDFS
What's so great about tapatalk? (serious question)
With the right browser I have every (SF) site option on my HTC Desire HD as I have on my computer. It annoys the hell out of me that when I go to a tapatalk supported site I have to say no to wanting to know more about tt. From the sideline it seems like a spam scam.
 

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
4,199
Reaction score
239
I didnt read much about taptalk before changing the title but I did click on the link. From what I am getting from viewing the page is that it makes browsing the site a little bit easier, at least I hope that is the case. I will read reviews tonight and post my findings.
 

JChance

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
996
Reaction score
40
An addon to Firefox browser would be nice too
 

in stitches

Kung Joo
Moderator
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
69,952
Reaction score
32,961
i just went to sf from my droid x and it prompted me that an app was available. clicked ok it brought me to tapatalk, i bought it and there was no sf to be found there?
 

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
19,474
Reaction score
7,927
Originally Posted by in stitches
i just went to sf from my droid x and it prompted me that an app was available. clicked ok it brought me to tapatalk, i bought it and there was no sf to be found there?

Me 2
 

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

  • I mainly buy my clothes online.

  • I shop online only if there is a sale.

  • I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

  • I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

  • I mainly shop in store.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
424,252
Messages
9,095,062
Members
191,348
Latest member
BDowns_m8r

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top