• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tapatalk (Discuss any problems with app here)

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**Edit 2 SF NOW ON TAP TALK!!!**

So I have read a thread that some find it fine just browsing the forum via their phones web browser, and I have done this as well but I think almost all would agree that a dedicated app would make it easier. There could be a paid and a free version, I have considered learning to code and create one but that would have to wait until the summer and I would be dedicating my time on making one for the iphone (because I have it) and then the droid (O I also have that one, just I never use it lol)

But are there any programmers on the forum that are working on it? Or that would help with developing one? If I were to jump on the wagon It would not be until the summer (June) and I probably wouldn't be able to code an app until August (at least I hope)

If someone is working on one I would be more than up for paying for it if it hits the app store. If not, then I guess Ill have to wait until the summer to try to create one.

How many of you would use and iOS/android app instead of using the web, would you pay for the app? Obviously it would have to be a solid app.

*Changed the title because of the response I recieved from one of the mods. Mods if this is not okay please delete*

**Edit 2 SF NOW ON TAP TALK!!!**

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new forum (and it is coming, we are looking at the first iteration right now, and it will be tested extensively before launch) will have Tapatalk. The platform is also being re-made in html5 so it should be compatible with all the platforms people might use.

Originally Posted by CalTex
So I have read a thread that some find it fine just browsing the forum via their phones web browser, and I have done this as well but I think almost all would agree that a dedicated app would make it easier. There could be a paid and a free version, I have considered learning to code and create one but that would have to wait until the summer and I would be dedicating my time on making one for the iphone (because I have it) and then the droid (O I also have that one, just I never use it lol)

But are there any programmers on the forum that are working on it? Or that would help with developing one? If I were to jump on the wagon It would not be until the summer (June) and I probably wouldn't be able to code an app until August (at least I hope)

If someone is working on one I would be more than up for paying for it if it hits the app store. If not, then I guess Ill have to wait until the summer to try to create one.

How many of you would use and iOS/android app instead of using the web, would you pay for the app? Obviously it would have to be a solid app.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The new forum (and it is coming, we are looking at the first iteration right now, and it will be tested extensively before launch) will have Tapatalk. The platform is also being re-made in html5 so it should be compatible with all the platforms people might use.

Curious when the launch is expected. Tapatalk alone sounds like a great feature to have.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O man I had no IDEA, you guys were planning this. I am really looking forward to the new site and the app.

Expected release date?????????

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cross posted:

Originally Posted by CDFS
What's so great about tapatalk? (serious question)
With the right browser I have every (SF) site option on my HTC Desire HD as I have on my computer. It annoys the hell out of me that when I go to a tapatalk supported site I have to say no to wanting to know more about tt. From the sideline it seems like a spam scam.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didnt read much about taptalk before changing the title but I did click on the link. From what I am getting from viewing the page is that it makes browsing the site a little bit easier, at least I hope that is the case. I will read reviews tonight and post my findings.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I have never heard of taptalk.

you have (and i have) now!!
bigstar[1].gif

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An addon to Firefox browser would be nice too

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just went to sf from my droid x and it prompted me that an app was available. clicked ok it brought me to tapatalk, i bought it and there was no sf to be found there?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
i just went to sf from my droid x and it prompted me that an app was available. clicked ok it brought me to tapatalk, i bought it and there was no sf to be found there?

Me 2
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads