• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

capnMURPHY2021

Reaction score
But there's a whole industry of pundits, analysts, journalists, and editors whose entire job is to tell us, every day, THIS IS WHAT THE MARKET'S DOING TODAY, THIS IS WHY IT'S DOING IT, AND THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS!!!"
I have the CNBC app for push notifications about significant market news & after-market activities. During the week they always send bullshit narratives at COB, e.g. "Markets down on escalating troop movements in Ukraine border".

Speaking of loss-aversion, SNE is the one black sheep in my portfolio. Fingers crossed Abenomics succeeds in revitalizing the economy.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
GF, just looked at the ticker. What's the sentiments today? ;)

So speaking of sentiments...some time ago I posted about some nice success I had with an ETF that tracks the Canadian market. My personal sentiment is their real estate market has been ready to pop for quite some time. I want to take my double digit upside and move it into something else. Anyone have a low expense ETF or index fund back in the US to suggest? I'm thinking an index fund that tracks the Russell small cap.

Edit.
Here's today's sentiment:

The bull is back! Dow hits record high

So last week the sky was falling...Monday morning we find ourselves in a bull market.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

GF, just looked at the ticker. What's the sentiments today? ;)

So speaking of sentiments...some time ago I posted about some nice success I had with an ETF that tracks the Canadian market. My personal sentiment is their real estate market has been ready to pop for quite some time. I want to take my double digit upside and move it into something else. Anyone have a low expense ETF or index fund back in the US to suggest? I'm thinking an index fund that tracks the Russell small cap.

Edit.
Here's today's sentiment:
So last week the sky was falling...Monday morning we find ourselves in a bull market.

Today's sentiment is your Mom. She's looking bullish and bearish at the same time. Mmmm.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was psyched last night when I heard about the IBM / Apple enterprise partnership. AAPL was up ~1.3% AH.

Today in the premarket, it was up ~2%. Awesome!

Opens at ~1.8% and maintains that. Great!

AAPL closes down 0.5%.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:brick:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From the Alpha conference discussion, bought FLEX today. The case for PBR was pretty good, not sure though. Trimmed AMZN.

Might reload on RAD, but I'm not sure its worth another bet.

I had a feeling the Russia might trigger the correction we've been waiting on. The market doesn't seem interested.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was psyched last night when I heard about the IBM / Apple enterprise partnership. AAPL was up ~1.3% AH.

Today in the premarket, it was up ~2%. Awesome!

Opens at ~1.8% and maintains that. Great!

AAPL closes down 0.5%.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:brick:

lol. agreed.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Making up a lot of ground on recent drops today.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad earnings is the only thing hurting individual stocks (AMD)...there is a big up, then some consolidation, then more up.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh man. Some big earnings releases this week.

Getting really nervous about AAPL's. I think the iPad numbers are really going to disappoint and the stocks is either going to flatline, or drop a couple percentage points. Don't think we're going to get a big upside surprise and pop.

:(

Hope we get a decent pop from FB.

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I heard something about Yahoo going up because of the Alibab IPO. Honestly I'm not even in the markets right now but was flipping channels and saw some people chatting about this saying Yahoo stock should gain (recover?) becuase of it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads