• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylenoobie

Reaction score
andrewro, a-rock: I'm 5'9", 172 lbs. Size M T-shirts. The brand is AA.

obesitykills: not sure on bicep size i can figure that out later. chest size is 40 last i got it measured. not sure if that helps.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Apparel Tri-blend 50/25/25, really the only t-shirt I buy. I would be suprised if they do anything but more or less hug your arms.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Keep in mind, too--it's just a T-shirt.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
um?

um, meaning it's not that big a deal. Do what you can, get an appropriately sized T-shirt, and go on.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Japanese tees-- problem solved.

Most are cut for people with skinny arms. And you generally don't have to size down to a near skin tight fit in the chest in order to get the smaller arm openings.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
some people use t-shirts as outfit staples more than button-ups and other shirts
Truth. J Crew tees have very slim arm openings, especially the internet-only "extra slim broken in tees." They're a bit pricey but just about the only tee that fits the way I like. And the only thing I ever buy from J Crew.

chicfric

Reaction score
If you want a shirt to hug you bicep, you will need a smaller shirt. or you can opt for a shirt with a small percent of spandex

crackerjack

Reaction score
I too always had problems finding my perfect t-shirt, in terms of quality and fit.
You should try Alan red, it's an italian brand and fits a bit slim (a bit like AA) and has relatively narrow sleeves, but not like muscle shirts. For me (6"2, 178lbs) a size L in AR Milano is perfect, not as tight as some models wear it. Got 4 in black and 4 in white, unfortunately colors are unavailable in the Netherlands ;(
I'm pretty sure this t shirt will fit your needs.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrewro
I have to agree - try a smaller shirt. I'm 6'2" 185lbs and I wear a M in Hanes, AA, etc. My wife got me a couple of SMALL v-necks from the Gap recently that are a bit too big!

What is your height and weight, and what size Ts are you buying right now?

I was seduced by those at first too. They fit well when you try them on, but they bellow out at the sleeves and waist very quickly.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently went into Target to buy some groceries and wandered into the clothing department. I found these shirts called "Mossimo Supply Co Athletic Fit Shirts"(Mossimo is Target's house brand)...and they fit amazingly. They hug the biceps and don't flare out at the waist, and the length is perfect. They are soft(for an $8 shirt) and have retained their shape and feel after a couple washes(I've only had them for 2 weeks). I bought one, wore it for a day, then went back and bought some more because I liked them so much. I am 5'10", 185 pounds with a 42" chest, 34" waist, 15" arms and I wear a medium. I can post pics if wanted but I'm not sure if that's necessary with a t shirt. edit: http://www.target.com/Mossimo-V-Neck..._com_brand-bin This is the exact shirt I am wearing right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads