• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbaltazar

Reaction score

Thank you!

The suit was normal around 18-20c, but once it got past 25c it was becoming too warm (started sweating), and by the time it got to 29c it was way too hot.

I don't think this suit qualifies as a four-season suit, it looks wonderful on a sunny day, but it's more of a sunny day suit for when the temperature is around room temperature or lower.

At the end of the day (10+ hours of wearing), there were quite a few visible creases on the arms and back of the jacket, but surprisingly the trousers didn't get creased much.

Despite this, I'd still recommend this suit if you want to add a lighter colour to your F/W (and Spring) lineup, and you can always split the jacket and trousers up if you feel like it.

Thanks for opinion. That's what I thought. A regular winter in Lisbon drops to 10/12 Celsius, that's why I don't go for flannels, although I really like them...

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you interested, looks like the actual F/W collection is finally out now (read: not in pre-order phase anymore) on SuitSupply's US/Canada website!

pomor

Reaction score

For those of you interested, looks like the actual F/W collection is finally out now (read: not in pre-order phase anymore) on SuitSupply's US/Canada website! 

This can't be it. There is still stuff I have seen that's not on the site. It will probably be added in September though. I would say 80% is there already though.

mbaltazar

Reaction score

It's the same in Europe. I don't know if it's me but it kind of looks the same...

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This can't be it. There is still stuff I have seen that's not on the site. It will probably be added in September though. I would say 80% is there already though.

From what I have observed in previous seasons, SuSu continue to add stock throughout the season. I expect some more will be released in September, too. All that's available now is what was available as pre-order last week.

mbaltazar

Reaction score

From what I have observed in previous seasons, SuSu continue to add stock throughout the season. I expect some more will be released in September, too. All that's available now is what was available as pre-order last week. 

Yep. A Sales Assistant told my the "full" release would be Friday. If this is it, my wallet thanks them :)

pomor

Reaction score

I would say you are probably right. The erosion and stretch was mainly in the underarms and collar so I am guessing a vest/waistcoat would be fine.

So I am reporting back on this piece of knitwear:

While I like it and am keeping it, I find it very delicate, even for a vest. The weave is kind of loose in many places (it's from the summer collection). I think I am not buying any more SS knitwear and will concentrate on suiting waistcoats.

But just one is nice to have. I like the color. It kind of has a British autumnal hunting theme going, and I can combine it with a bunch of stuff.

I might try something from the winter collection that's not cotton or cashmere.

I have this from last Fall collection and love it. The weave is tighter and it seems like it would fare much better after repeated use:

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score
Last edited:

arnold76

Reaction score
If you go back to my post 13161 there are links to about a half dozen new suits that were not part of the original pre-order.

From previous experience SS continues to add suits throughout the season. I usually refer back to the fashion preview by searching for example, suit supply fall winter 2016 in google. You will find images of the styles in the preview but keep in mind that some fabrics will be made available in different models than shown in the preview. Usually you get what you see with a few surprises thrown in.

I picked up the blue s130 plain havana sport jacket in barbera fabric, its amazing IRL. The color is a rich vibrant blue with dark undertones, can't wait to wear it this fall.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about their brick and mortar flagship store in Amsterdam? Do you think they got all-at-once or they are also adding items throughout the season?

Vasco

Reaction score
I'm hoping the last release of the fall/winter suits include a darker blue plain or slightly textured Lazio. There is one on the site but it's from the fall/winter 2015 release that is all but sold out.

pomor

Reaction score
Since I am not excited by much in the suit department this coming season (so far), I am reconsidering some purchases I passed on last season.

Does anyone who got this suit have any comments, regrets, praise? http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...ts&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Havana

I initially wanted it a year ago, then I thought it would too light grey for a winter suit, then I mulled over the pattern up close and from afar... In the end, I skipped it, and by April, I think, my size ran out anyway. But now I am seeing they are holding it back for another season, and my size is back in stock.

One of the photos shows it's made of Super 120's Barberis cloth, but I was under the impression this suit felt quite flannelly. Would this be too high of a number for what traditionally flannel fabrics are, or is it more complicated than that?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads