• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steiger

Reaction score
What are the going rates for 2nd hand suits? I know SS generally start at $400-$500 new.
Of course depending on how much they are used aswell. Mine are used so I'll let them go quite cheap. Very much wearable though tthey are just way too small for me.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
I have quite an unorthodox question: how to wash a garment bag of Suitsupply? I delivered a suit to the tailor's for pressing and then afterwards used the empty bag for groceries and a bag of milk leaked :). Now I am uncertain how I should wash it.

Angel91

Reaction score
Even less, I’ve found… I’ve stopped buying suitsupply suits because I’m short and the 52s needs shortening in the sleeves which makes it a bit hard, but just recently I bought a subalpino suit for 100€ and a vbc for 40€ in unworn state, they’re sold by people in the Netherlands, i suppose they find them in the outlet.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I have quite an unorthodox question: how to wash a garment bag of Suitsupply? I delivered a suit to the tailor's for pressing and then afterwards used the empty bag for groceries and a bag of milk leaked :). Now I am uncertain how I should wash it.
Hahahahah! This is a standard SuitSupply bag?

Options: (1) dry cleaner (probably an expensive and unnecessary option, given that bags probably cost less than dry cleaning will); (2) standard washer wash (it's already been through milk, so I can't see water and soap hurting it more); (3) chuck this bag and hit up SuitSupply for a new bag.

archipel

Reaction score
Even less, I’ve found… I’ve stopped buying suitsupply suits because I’m short and the 52s needs shortening in the sleeves which makes it a bit hard, but just recently I bought a subalpino suit for 100€ and a vbc for 40€ in unworn state, they’re sold by people in the Netherlands, i suppose they find them in the outlet.

Yes, you can certainly get them for less. €180 is the max in my eyes, and this is in pristine condition. I bought a full canvas suit for less than €100 for example.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Well, I just got notice that a new custom sportcoat and shirt have shipped. For the jacket, I used th same "size passport" created by the associate who measured me for my last one. That came out great.

For the shirt, I used the same garment dimensions I use for my other mtm shirts.

I'm interested to see how consistent the fits are. Prices weren't terrible.

Marc S

Reaction score
Well, I just got notice that a new custom sportcoat and shirt have shipped. For the jacket, I used th same "size passport" created by the associate who measured me for my last one. That came out great.

For the shirt, I used the same garment dimensions I use for my other mtm shirts.

I'm interested to see how consistent the fits are. Prices weren't terrible.

Awesome! Hope they turn out great, and let us know!

NewGen

Reaction score
Im looking for a custom made SS Suit and have a Question. Where is the difference between the "Natural Shirt" Shoulder and the "Natural" Shoulder? I need a business suit for job interviews in finance sector. I have very wide muscular shoulders, the best look on me is a actually the Havana unstructered shoulder with no padding, but I assume for business purpose an unstructured shoulder could look too unprofessional? I would like to have the least padding as possible while still looking professional for which shoulder option should I go?
My current options are Lazio/Napoli custom made, navy 130s wool, mid peak lapels, but with unstructered, natural or natural shirt shoulders?

RavenBespoke

Reaction score
Im looking for a custom made SS Suit and have a Question. Where is the difference between the "Natural Shirt" Shoulder and the "Natural" Shoulder? I need a business suit for job interviews in finance sector. I have very wide muscular shoulders, the best look on me is a actually the Havana unstructered shoulder with no padding, but I assume for business purpose an unstructured shoulder could look too unprofessional? I would like to have the least padding as possible while still looking professional for which shoulder option should I go?
My current options are Lazio/Napoli custom made, navy 130s wool, mid peak lapels, but with unstructered, natural or natural shirt shoulders?
Unstructured will definitely be far too casual for finance, unfortunately. In terms of choosing between Natural / Natural Shirt, I would probably recommend Natural. The Natural shoulder will feature minimal padding (it's used on SuSu's Sienna fit), but it won't be as padded as a Lazio or Washington. If you're fortunate to be both near a SuitSupply and they've still got stock of the now-retired Sienna, you can try on the proper size for that shoulder style and apply the measurement to your Size Passport.

kithking23

Reaction score
If anyone is going to go custom made for the price that suitsupply is at, it’s better to go to collaro than suitsupply

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads