• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I did not know suitsupply was in deep with TAL
A Close Look at a Fashion Supply Chain Is Not Pretty https://nyti.ms/39AJ5h5

An elucidating article. Thanks for sharing.

The extent of SuitSupply’s involvement with TAL is unclear, from the article alone at least. For instance, what types of garments are made at one of these facilities and what fraction of their clothes are made there?

But when brought to their attention, SuitSupply is taking action to minimize hardships to the workers. While they don’t get credit for failing to notice this before, they do get credit for taking action now, however delayed.

Ultimately, though, to really stop these types of things from happening we customers need to stop expecting expensive items for cheap ...

caschta

Reaction score
Yeah, but you see how people get mad when they don't get the 90$ suit, when it obviously was a pricing error.

Like I only get a 20$ gift card just because the too-cheap-to-be-true-suit was actually really an pricing error at the website? Come on, I WANT A 90$ SUIT!!!

I personally find it really disgusting how people act around frugal shops like SuSu or S&M. Like they owe you those low prices at all. This behaviour pushes companies to do dirty business.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but you see how people get mad when they don't get the 90$ suit, when it obviously was a pricing error.

Like I only get a 20$ gift card just because the too-cheap-to-be-true-suit was actually really an pricing error at the website? Come on, I WANT A 90$ SUIT!!!

I personally find it really disgusting how people act around frugal shops like SuSu or S&M. Like they owe you those low prices at all. This behaviour pushes companies to do dirty business.
AGREED!

I just bought a SM jacket between sales and I feel better about paying them closer to what the garment is worth. I’m not buying in bulk for my tiny, edited wardrobe, so I won’t insist on cheap sale prices for good quality clothes.

japejapejape

Reaction score
AGREED!

I just bought a SM jacket between sales and I feel better about paying them closer to what the garment is worth. I’m not buying in bulk for my tiny, edited wardrobe, so I won’t insist on cheap sale prices for good quality clothes.
Wow. You are such a good guy.

all these low life’s saving their money on sales during a pandemic

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lazio.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
@Baked Potato
They began asking for full payments back when I was working around November.

however the sales rep told me that if needed they could accommodate some split payments. Worth asking if it’s possible.

Last time I was able to split pay was in June. But they ordered through their previous system at that time. They’ve fully gone over to the new system now, so that’s perhaps why they don’t accept split payments any longer?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy crap, that looks GREAT. The lapels to my eye look just a hair slimmer than I’m used to seeing on the Lazio.

Perfection, sir.
Thanks. Don't know if they have made them a little wider but this is the stock lapel of the Lazio. I think that a touch wider would be perfect. :D

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah! I have noticed that SS does not always increase the lapel width exactly proportionately with the jacket size. The Lazio lapel on my 36R frame does look slightly wider than on a 44L. Interesting!
Yeap, I kinda noticed that, in some sizes they lapels look bigger than on bigger sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads