Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. The Dirk

The Dirk Well-Known Member

It's one of their new models that is being labeled as Havana now. I know a lot of stuff just got smoothed into the Havana line.

2. The Dirk

The Dirk Well-Known Member

If you're doing MTM couldn't you ask for higher arm holes, or is that not one of the items you can tweak with the template?

But you're looking for higher arm holes, couldn't you start with the Washington and adjust from there, perhaps? I don't know anything about SuSu's MTM program so I could be way off base.

3. sargeinaz

sargeinaz Well-Known Member

I know nothing about their MTM program either to be honest. If you can do that, that would make me look a lot closer into it.

4. h3ro

h3ro Senior member

5. sargeinaz

Oh wow interesting. I'll have to watch this thread more closely then. Please let us know how your suit ends up fitting. Much appreciated for the info.

6. MxmHrpr

MxmHrpr Active Member

That sportcoat is mine (& still for sale, shameless plug). With regards to the higher armholes, it's pretty standard on the MTM for the armholes to be cut closer and that was the case with this jacket, there's a remarkable amount of tweaks with the full blown MTM.

A word of caution with regards to getting something made up in hopsack from SS however, they'd originally lined the arms with their standard white lining which was visible through the open fabric and was awfully shiny in direct sunlight.

I was able to have SS replace the sleeves with a darker lining locally at their expense, but only after much faffing round on-top of the already long lead time to have it made up. I'd hope they've fixed this issue now, but definitely mention it when getting it made up incase.

7. sargeinaz

Thanks for the info. I love your sport coat. What exactly did you ask for when making it? Obviously, a 3 roll 2, but what else did you specifiy? Also, did you give them an armhole measurement or did they just cut it for you and it was higher as you stated?

If I go the MTM route I basically want a jacket like yours, but navy.

8. MxmHrpr

MxmHrpr Active Member

The most comprehensive guide to SS MTM in accord to my experience, though a touch dated now they've introduced the "create your own suit", is this: http://blueloafers.com/tailoring-2/suitsupply-mtm-program/

What I was told of the fitting jacket is that it's a hybrid of their fits (Havana like soft shoulder, Washington through the midsection, a Sienna like lapel/full canvas and the standard Napoli flap pockets, looked awfully similar to the Harford which they shortly introduced after my MTM experience). This fitting jacket already had already higher armholes than the norm I'd noticed on my Napoli/Havana, but after having had the back and sideseams pinned, I think the armhole was taken up a touch again.

Other details I'd asked for, soft natural shoulders, patch hip pockets, dual vents, 4 smoked MOP buttons on the cuff, half lined, a touch lower button position and their 3" lapels. As on the nose as it is, I essentially showed the assistant this post and we went from there.

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Maiden voyage for the SuitSupply Lazio 3 piece. You have no idea for how long I wanted a 3 piece and finally have one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Vinsep

Vinsep Member

Congratulations! Incidentally, I got my first three piece from SS this month too. And two days after I bought it, they actually increased the price.... I wasn't aware merchants actually do that lol

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Thanks man! Enjoy your suit! Don't forget the pics!

12. phsiao08

phsiao08 Senior member

13. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Is the Regent fit even available? I haven't seen it in a while.

I can't comment on the fit, but I think the design of the Regent is much better than the Manhattan - it has much better lapels and I don't think it has a single vent like the Manhattan. There may be some other differences too but I can't recall since they don't have a product page up.

14. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Anyone plan on picking the Jort Patrick Bateman raincoat? Would make an awesome Halloween costume, but at > 500$ CAD, it is simply not worth it! :crackup: