• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dirk

Reaction score
I just wish the Havana had higher arm holes. Then I'd strongly consider doing an MTM navy hopsack blazer with wider lapels and a 3 roll 2 like this one (this is not my picture, I found it online)

View attachment 858188
If you're doing MTM couldn't you ask for higher arm holes, or is that not one of the items you can tweak with the template?

But you're looking for higher arm holes, couldn't you start with the Washington and adjust from there, perhaps? I don't know anything about SuSu's MTM program so I could be way off base.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
If you're doing MTM couldn't you ask for higher arm holes, or is that not one of the items you can tweak with the template?

But you're looking for higher arm holes, couldn't you start with the Washington and adjust from there, perhaps? I don't know anything about SuSu's MTM program so I could be way off base.

I know nothing about their MTM program either to be honest. If you can do that, that would make me look a lot closer into it.

h3ro

Reaction score

sargeinaz

Reaction score
You can raise arm holes via MTM. I have done so for my pending suit.

Same product code (J460), they're the same.
Oh wow interesting. I'll have to watch this thread more closely then. Please let us know how your suit ends up fitting. Much appreciated for the info.

MxmHrpr

Reaction score
Oh wow interesting. I'll have to watch this thread more closely then.

I just wish the Havana had higher arm holes. Then I'd strongly consider doing an MTM navy hopsack blazer with wider lapels and a 3 roll 2 like this one (this is not my picture, I found it online)

View attachment 858193

That sportcoat is mine (& still for sale, shameless plug). With regards to the higher armholes, it's pretty standard on the MTM for the armholes to be cut closer and that was the case with this jacket, there's a remarkable amount of tweaks with the full blown MTM.

A word of caution with regards to getting something made up in hopsack from SS however, they'd originally lined the arms with their standard white lining which was visible through the open fabric and was awfully shiny in direct sunlight.

I was able to have SS replace the sleeves with a darker lining locally at their expense, but only after much faffing round on-top of the already long lead time to have it made up. I'd hope they've fixed this issue now, but definitely mention it when getting it made up incase.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
That sportcoat is mine (& still for sale, shameless plug). With regards to the higher armholes, it's pretty standard on the MTM for the armholes to be cut closer and that was the case with this jacket, there's a remarkable amount of tweaks with the full blown MTM.

A word of caution with regards to getting something made up in hopsack from SS however, they'd originally lined the arms with their standard white lining which was visible through the open fabric and was awfully shiny in direct sunlight.

I was able to have SS replace the sleeves with a darker lining locally at their expense, but only after much faffing round on-top of the already long lead time to have it made up. I'd hope they've fixed this issue now, but definitely mention it when getting it made up incase.

Thanks for the info. I love your sport coat. What exactly did you ask for when making it? Obviously, a 3 roll 2, but what else did you specifiy? Also, did you give them an armhole measurement or did they just cut it for you and it was higher as you stated?

If I go the MTM route I basically want a jacket like yours, but navy.

MxmHrpr

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I love your sport coat. What exactly did you ask for when making it? Obviously, a 3 roll 2, but what else did you specifiy? Also, did you give them an armhole measurement or did they just cut it for you and it was higher as you stated?

The most comprehensive guide to SS MTM in accord to my experience, though a touch dated now they've introduced the "create your own suit", is this: http://blueloafers.com/tailoring-2/suitsupply-mtm-program/

What I was told of the fitting jacket is that it's a hybrid of their fits (Havana like soft shoulder, Washington through the midsection, a Sienna like lapel/full canvas and the standard Napoli flap pockets, looked awfully similar to the Harford which they shortly introduced after my MTM experience). This fitting jacket already had already higher armholes than the norm I'd noticed on my Napoli/Havana, but after having had the back and sideseams pinned, I think the armhole was taken up a touch again.

Other details I'd asked for, soft natural shoulders, patch hip pockets, dual vents, 4 smoked MOP buttons on the cuff, half lined, a touch lower button position and their 3" lapels. As on the nose as it is, I essentially showed the assistant this post and we went from there.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the SuitSupply Lazio 3 piece. You have no idea for how long I wanted a 3 piece and finally have one.

37054393214_ddaf1f719f_k.jpg

37093316233_cb04f92789_k.jpg

Vinsep

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the SuitSupply Lazio 3 piece. You have no idea for how long I wanted a 3 piece and finally have one.

37054393214_ddaf1f719f_k.jpg

37093316233_cb04f92789_k.jpg

Congratulations! Incidentally, I got my first three piece from SS this month too. And two days after I bought it, they actually increased the price.... I wasn't aware merchants actually do that lol

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the Regent fit even available? I haven't seen it in a while.

I can't comment on the fit, but I think the design of the Regent is much better than the Manhattan - it has much better lapels and I don't think it has a single vent like the Manhattan. There may be some other differences too but I can't recall since they don't have a product page up.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone plan on picking the Jort Patrick Bateman raincoat? Would make an awesome Halloween costume, but at > 500$ CAD, it is simply not worth it! :crackup:

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Since you guys talk about proxying and whatnot. I am selling many many SS items on eBay (think I have 20 items for sale right now) and have been doing so for a while. I mean its not the brand new collection but still GREAT items. Sometimes I get items from the current and future collections too.

My eBay name is "driftingawaynet"

I should post some of the stuff I have picked up for myself over the last year. My new suit should be done next week.

phsiao08

Reaction score
Is the Regent fit even available? I haven't seen it in a while.

I can't comment on the fit, but I think the design of the Regent is much better than the Manhattan - it has much better lapels and I don't think it has a single vent like the Manhattan. There may be some other differences too but I can't recall since they don't have a product page up.
I talked to their customer service today and their bringing it back in 2 weeks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads