• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitSupply London for a wedding suit - does it fit?

EdgarJoe756

Reaction score
Looking for a MTM suit in London for my wedding. I looked at the custom range in SuitSupply and tried on one of the sample jackets. Naturally the below could be adjusted under their 'custom programme' but it seems like this is the baseline.

How does this fit look? I am trying to understand if the jacket is too long or not mainly. Also I feel the lapel might be a bit short, but my eye is quite untrained. Note that one sleeve does look longer here than the other due to a watch on my left wrist and a shirt that is too long.

This was quoted as roughly £1000 for a 3 piece. Any alternatives in London appreciated too - budget is around £1.5k for MTM.

Prices historically quoted on this forum seem to have skyrocket in previous years - in some case doubled in just 3 years!

IMG_0214.jpg

1716679429184.png

1716679452956.png

Satmoche

Reaction score
If your budget is £1,500 or so, I would advise heading to Anglo-Italian. Alternatively, if you wanted to save some money for shoes, a shirt and a tie, I would then go with Natalino.

joorinainen

Reaction score
It's not a bad start. Jacket it's not too long. Shoulder line is clean and chest looks fine. Upper back looks clean. Waist looks a tad too tight. I would let it out. Trousers need serious attention. I would size up. Custom made trousers from suitsupply are good value.

TomTom

Reaction score
Suit supply MTM is fully canvassed and at 1000 pounds good value.Jacket is not to long,trousers need work but with custom that can be sorted.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a good start. You have a low right shoulder and a high right hip, causing the right side of the jacket to collapse. If they can correct for this in their MTM program the jacket will look good. Trousers could be slightly fuller and perhaps the back rise shortened a bit (they should be able to pin them up to see if this helps).

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a MTM suit in London for my wedding. I looked at the custom range in SuitSupply and tried on one of the sample jackets. Naturally the below could be adjusted under their 'custom programme' but it seems like this is the baseline.

How does this fit look? I am trying to understand if the jacket is too long or not mainly. Also I feel the lapel might be a bit short, but my eye is quite untrained. Note that one sleeve does look longer here than the other due to a watch on my left wrist and a shirt that is too long.

This was quoted as roughly £1000 for a 3 piece. Any alternatives in London appreciated too - budget is around £1.5k for MTM.

Prices historically quoted on this forum seem to have skyrocket in previous years - in some case doubled in just 3 years!

View attachment 2190013

View attachment 2190015
View attachment 2190017
It looks a bit too tight.

EdgarJoe756

Reaction score
It’s a good start. You have a low right shoulder and a high right hip, causing the right side of the jacket to collapse. If they can correct for this in their MTM program the jacket will look good. Trousers could be slightly fuller and perhaps the back rise shortened a bit (they should be able to pin them up to see if this helps).
Thank you, I was unaware of my shoulder and hip until your comment, good eye! What should I be asking to ensure this is followed? The SS associate seemed to not think much further adjustment was necessary, so I think I need to give a helping hand here

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I was unaware of my shoulder and hip until your comment, good eye! What should I be asking to ensure this is followed? The SS associate seemed to not think much further adjustment was necessary, so I think I need to give a helping hand here

One of the issues with custom tailoring is that it depends on the skill of the person making the adjustments to the pattern. Just start by noting the issue (the body collapsing on the right). Generally I wouldn’t recommend telling them a diagnosis or how to fix it, in part because i might be wrong and also because I don’t know what their MTM system is able to adjust for.

If they don’t see it, I’d ask for a second opinion but YMMV of course.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixelized