• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The only thing feminine about those is that they're on a woman's face. If they fit you they'll look fine, though I tend to prefer oversize frames on a man.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah so do especially when getting non metal ones. I original wanted to get the Jack Frame, but nose area does not fit right.

ajr

Reaction score
I decided to bump this thread rather then start a whole new discussion. Hope you guys don't mind. So this has been incredibly informative, I had no idea there were so many eyeglass brands. My town sadly only has a lenscrafters. I was thinking about getting a pair of pradas. And I was wondering what you guys thought of the qaulity of their frames.
image.jpg

Are there any other designers that make glasses in a similair style? I'm going to San Francisco in a few months so I might hold off buying frames till I can go to an independent shop there if you guys think that the quality I could buy would be that much better. Thanks in advance for the opinions.
smile.gif

Oh and if I do get the prada frames is there anyway for me to remove the logo, it's in white lettering, from the side of the frame?

mikeczyz

Reaction score
you know, i can no longer find the article but I read that prada, like many other of the Italian luxury brands, does not make its own glasses. in fact, they don't even design them! They outsource the design of the frames and just sign off on the designs which come back to them. on goes the little prada stamp and people think that they're automatically the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you really want quality, look into other brands like ic! berlin...designed, engineered and produced in germany. you'll pay for it but, imo, it is worth it. i've had mine for a little over a year with no complaints.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeczyz
you know, i can no longer find the article but I read that prada, like many other of the Italian luxury brands, does not make its own glasses. in fact, they don't even design them! They outsource the design of the frames and just sign off on the designs which come back to them. on goes the little prada stamp and people think that they're automatically the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you really want quality, look into other brands like ic! berlin...designed, engineered and produced in germany. you'll pay for it but, imo, it is worth it. i've had mine for a little over a year with no complaints.

The company you're referring to is called Luxottica
Stay away from them at all costs. **** is mass produced garbage, you're paying for the branding.
If you want the real deal go with Mykita, Orgreen, Derome Brenner, Meima, or Reiz.

tatet

Reaction score
Are these too big for my face? If so, what kind of frame would you guys recommend?
fartttt.png

aerether

Reaction score
glassesxy0.jpg

am0417uj9.jpg

I can't find the exact shade that mine are. Mine are more gunmetal grey (much darker than the second picture suggests)

I got them a few days ago.

dave

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can see the new Cutler & Gross line?
I've been to their rather maddening website and there's mention of the line but no damn pictures!

I NEED a new pair of glasses since my eyes are old and tired now but I haven't found quite the right ones yet and C&G seem to have promise from the few pictures I've seen.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tatet
Are these too big for my face? If so, what kind of frame would you guys recommend?
fartttt.png

They seem a little bit on the wide side. Also, considering that you've got a long face, taller glasses would be more balanced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads