• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

konkagal

Reaction score
I really like this
04Z00010M6042COL2_1.jpg
made of titanium

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
packaging.jpg

all.jpg

and a crappy 'fit' pic!

fit.jpg

"no
redface.gif
ther" screwless hinge design stainless steel frame, made in japan. extremely lightweight and comfy!

local optician says they're a pretty new brand in japan...can't seem to find any info on them on the web too.

korce

Reaction score
Personally I'm a big fan of my IC!Berlin frames - screwless hinge design, and superthin laser-cut steel makes very a very lightweight and durable frame. I think they can cross between "trendy" and "classy" pretty well too... www.ic-berlin.de

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigwhale
Anyone have any suggestion on where to buy frames in NYC? I'm gonna be stopping by there in a few weeks. Lookin to try on some MYKITA frames in person.

If you get an answer, can you please PM me? I have the exact same question.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever heard of Urband? If yes, how is their quality?

benchan

Reaction score
Gshen, just my own exp, those types of nosepad are not as comfortable as more traditional ones.

Korce, ic! berlin is not as durable as you think, esp its older model. Mykita and Bywp have made improvements on the hinge design since then.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benchan
Gshen, just my own exp, those types of nosepad are not as comfortable as more traditional ones.

i see where you're coming from if those nosepads supported a heavy frame, but these glasses weigh almost nothing when worn.. the pads still leave a slight indentation on my nose bridge, but i would not go so far as to call them uncomfortable.

the unfortunate accident that broke my giorgio armani acetate frames at the hinge was clearly a blessing in disguise.. i just love these new frames!

korce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benchan
Korce, ic! berlin is not as durable as you think, esp its older model. Mykita and Bywp have made improvements on the hinge design since then.

I got mine just last fall - they are model "otomo s" - haven't had any trouble yet (maybe I have the newer hinge style?) and I love the look of them...

mikeczyz

Reaction score
I have a pair of ic! berlin's in vechta. they are awesome.

i also have a pair of chrome hearts.

tomz

Reaction score
The frames for the no
redface.gif
ther glasses seem large.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a pair of Mykita Acetate Frames. I'm asian and due to the lack of a nose bridge I was thinking of getting these which are called Marlie. Do you guys think they look too feminine? I wanted to get the Jacks but they seem too big for my face.

marliefl.jpg

marliesl.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads