• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum Success Stories

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Kunk actually breeds dogs for pet stores, and has a large number of litters delivered weekly by breeding stock. As a result of one of the greatest coincidences in cosmic history every fitpic ever taken of him is taken precisely 17.7 seconds after someone kills his puppy.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
you look like you eat children, not raise them
lol8[1].gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Volume III: Less AZN, No Leather, Stop Menstruating All Over My Thread Edition

Ga-vroche

No doubt you've spent at a few minutes wondering how to pronounce his user name. "Is "˜vroche' pronounced like Jim "˜Croce,' but with a V instead of a C? Man, how great was Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown?" some of you have probably asked yourselves at least once.

Well never mind that, because you should have been focusing on more important things, such as how Ga-vroche-croce managed to make a subtle, but effective stylistic transition with fewer than 100 posts in three years. In this instance, we can attribute this transformation to ga-vroche learning how to work with textures and also apparently buying stock in APC.

March 2008:

pict0087ge1.jpg

"Hmph, where oh where has my swag gone?"

October 2010:

dsc09716.jpg

And bam, a successful transformation without completely revamping aesthetic, killing a cow or moving to Asia. Yes, Ga, you're right. A salute IS in order.

whodini

Today, a lot of whodini's posts can be paraphrased like "Lulz newbie, you have NO idea how the fashion industry works. *I* do, because I've had lunch and imported beers with some mid-tier designers and shop owners. But I'm not actually going to give you any details to show why you have no idea."

But in simpler times, Mr. Dini put together some pretty mediocre fits, presumably before those high-powered luncheons and brewski sessions.

May 2008:

cimg5307oi2.jpg

October 2009:

img1188g.jpg

whodini is still prone to some drab fits, but he's found some gold while experimenting with different silhouettes and footwear that aren't Chucks. Just don't misspeak about the inner-workings of the fashion biz around him.

Augusto86

He doesn't post around these parts anymore, which is a shame, because his "˜net activity dropped off right after he made some significant aesthetic changes. My sources are unable to confirm why this is, but my expert analytical conclusion is: He started getting mad ass from the ladies and didn't have time to post pictures of himself for other dudes on the interwebz.

November 2007:

ClothingShots123.jpg

November 2008:

xBoston3November08007.jpg

Now, Augusto86 had a leg-up in his transformation, since his "before" wasn't an abomination. Sambas and cafÃ
00a9.png
racers aren't advisable, especially as a tandem, but the ensemble is still more visually pleasing than the average person you see at a mall food court. Also, not everyone can simply trim their hair and do away with child molester facial hair to reveal a dashingly handsome face.

But the moral of this story is that the nuances such as hair and facial hair can make a world of difference. You don't need to run to your local barber/hairstylist with a fistful of Synthese pictures. However, if you're one of the people suffering from nosteezeitis, then you may want to consider if details such as your hair are playing a factor. Your smacked-ass haircut may be the only thing holding you back.

Adam24

So initially, I had this entry reserved for user West24 after seeing some of his old WAYWT entries and then thinking about how good some of his more recent ones were. But then I realized that Batman had subconsciously caused me to waste time, because I was really thinking of Adam24.

Thankfully, all was not lost, because Adam24 used to be pretty terrible, too!

November 2008:

P1120756-2.jpg

December 2009:

zara1-1.jpg

So how did Adam24 distance himself from the child molester comparisons?

Well, he stopped molesting children for one (I kid). But he also went for a cleaner palette. And as Adam(not West)24 shows, cleaner doesn't have to equal boring. A lot of his fits utilize muted colors, but in a manner where they compliment the other.

He won't win any awards for boldness, but he's come a ways from running the risk of being arrested on sight any time he's near a playground.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for NYC meetup

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, when is that again. albert pm'd me about it but cant find the pm now

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Volume III: Less AZN, No Leather, Stop Menstruating All Over My Thread Edition Ga-vroche No doubt you’ve spent at a few minutes wondering how to pronounce his user name. “Is ‘vroche’ pronounced like Jim ‘Croce,’ but with a V instead of a C? Man, how great was Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown?” some of you have probably asked yourselves at least once.
you didn't read victor hugo in high school/college?
confused.gif
lol @ whodini description.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
you didn't read victor hugo in high school/college?
confused.gif

lol @ whodini description.

I was being snarky!*

*my literature teacher my first year of high school had us read piles of Zig Ziggler articles.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I get into NYC (assuming there's no "Day After Tomorrow") the 13th. Capsule's that Mon/Tues and then I leave Thurs morning. We'll be working Mon and Tues during the day so Sun, Tues, or Weds night would work best for me for drinks.

My description was pretty dead on. This forum can be a great place for information and unfortunately misinformation sometimes. There aren't so much rumors or lies as there are misguided or poorly-reached assumptions that tend to spread fairly quickly and soon almost become fact. We're better than that. When it's convenient to set a record straight, I'm happy to do so; the cost, however, is in the details.

So to paint a picture, talking about "A" can be harmless, talking about "B" might get someone in trouble, talking about "C" would cost me a brunch at Balthazar, and talking about "D" would cut the source at the spot and put this forum in a needlessly-bad light. If "A" was enough to clear up some doubt, I don't know why anyone here would feel entitled to the rest of the goddamn alphabet. It's just fashion, nothing's that juicy save for the steaks at Macelleria.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics