• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd love to see the trunk show to return to NYC in the spring, making it a bi-annual event. But I'm hearing that there's a desire among vendors and organizers to show the West Coast some love.

This would be good.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fok's remiss in his duties, but before we start posting a million photos I want to take a minute to especially thank all of the volunteers who helped out on Saturday. Without you guys, we absolutely would not have pulled it off. Don, Kevin, Justin, Andy, Seff, Ken, Greg, and everyone else who chipped in (a thousand apologies if I'm forgetting anyone) - I may have been tired and grumpy, but I can't tell you how much it meant. Thanks, and thanks again.

- J

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fok's remiss in his duties, but before we start posting a million photos I want to take a minute to especially thank all of the volunteers who helped out on Saturday. Without you guys, we absolutely would not have pulled it off. Don, Kevin, Justin, Andy, Seff, Ken, Greg, and everyone else who chipped in (a thousand apologies if I'm forgetting anyone) - I may have been tired and grumpy, but I can't tell you how much it meant. Thanks, and thanks again.

- J
Always making me look bad, but it's true. Without our volunteers, it would have been... problematic. Thanks guys, really, really, really, thanks.

Cheers.

Fok.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@LA Guy
 and @Corey Knight
:  You guys rock!  Thanks so much for inviting Shockoe to participate, and for putting on such a world-class affair.  Pierre and I loved being there and experiencing it all!

Really bummed I didn't get enough time to come up and hang with you guys for a bit...just means I'll have to make a trip down to Richmond at some point in the future...:)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dessert and coffee were good too, that's what kept my wife from murdering me
1f603.png

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
The show today was a lot of fun. Got to meet plenty of great SF members and check out terrific vendor wares. No Man kicked ass, as did Shockoe (whom I had never heard of before -- Matt and Pierre were a pleasure to speak with), and the Luxire x SF jackets were quite good in their early prototype stages. Overall it was a very nice show. I may or may not have left the event with a garbage bag full of liquor...

Yes, Saturday was a ton of fun! It was a whirlwind of a day - which I think anyone who spent extended time there can tell you - but it was all a great experience. It was nice to meet some more of you guys, and I want to say thanks for Fok and the A&H team for putting this together, as well as all of the volunteers who made it go so smooth for us.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really enjoyed spending time with author Bruce Boyer. He was so enthusiastic speaking with everyone who stopped by to say "Hello" or to purchase a copy of his book. He was very impressed by The Proper Kit event and the attendees style and knowledge of menswear.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is the jacket Styleforum is working on and still in prototype stage. With a few fit tweaks this is going to be one bad-ass jacket. The feel and quality of the leather as well as the zippers and other hardware are outstanding. Don't miss out on this one...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur