• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

streetwear with big and wild prints.

YoungM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
You don't get it. By wearing this type of clothing, you are becoming a mindless zombie that follows everyone else.

As opposed to you, dressing in a way that fits the SF aesthetic, who is completely and utterly original?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungM
As opposed to you, dressing in a way that fits the SF aesthetic, who is completely and utterly original?

I don't even have 10 posts, so I'm really wondering how you're coming up with such an assumption. The clothing you're referring to was the "in" thing about 5 years ago, and even before that on the west coast. If you want to look trendy in an Ed Hardy shirt, you're about 5 years too late.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WayneGibbous
One word: Ed Hardy.

diggerfailsp4.jpg

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungM
I don't understand this myth of the "styleforum aesthetic". Get Smart, Rye, Whodini, Berlin Report, Pinkpantser, Warlok, jpgm, Fade to Black, all very well thought of posters here who look more or less nothing like one another. Aside from vague concepts like "slim silhouettes", I don't see a real styleforum recipe for success, per se. As opposed to the peacocking "style", whose recipe for success is to wear the most gold foil, rhinestones, random colours, and generally flashy **** possible.

Sypherian

Reaction score
since im from Denmark i'm not able to follow the fashion as it is in the states, this is because the shops in Denmark dosen't receive the summer collection from Ecko, fallen DC or what other brand they are selling, late in the june, start of july maybe even a bit later, so in other words when a collection fades out in USA it starts to fade in over here and you would'nt believe the prices we have

an example

when i buy clothes every second or third month i use around 500 bucks maybe more, but for 500 i get a pair of shoes, a pair of pants, one hoodie and if im lucky a tee on sale. and this is an example of some of the cheaper clothes a pair of pants varies from 175 to around 275 dollars in our currency.

but my philosophy is that you should wear clothes you feel comfortable in, if it would be plain black or looking like like a decorated christmas tree it dosen't matter as long as you are satisfied with the way you look...

Concepts_BLC

Reaction score
^^^ Good for you. The last few sentences are often overlooked here. Def do you and wear what you are comfortable in. I see too many people now a days trying to feel comfortable in whats in right now. I see guys come in in skinny/tight jeans that they try to sag, I see people with fitted shirts that cant stop pulling them/ stretching them out.... If its not you dont wear it. Easy as that. Fashion/style should be something that reflects you. So if the loud crazy stuff is your cup of tea, then keep doing you. People are quick to toss out names of clothing lines that are gross, but the fact is there is a market for all of it or we would not know the name or have seen it to even be able to talk bad about it. Ed Hardy is hated by mostly all on this board, but you go to Vegas or LA and its EVERYWHERE!!!!! I think if you want to wear tight pants that you can not even fit a $20 in, with some vintage t-shirt that looks like it came from the baby gap, and some way overpriced remakes of a chuck taylor and you are comfortable then more power to you, if you feel like you want to throw on a hoody with an all over print, some timbs, an Ed Hardy T, and Ecko jeans and thug it out a little and feel good while doing it do your thing. I think being you is cool.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want bold, hallucinatory patterns, you should check out Henrik Vibskov. He's Danish, so you should have access to his pieces.
tilin.preview.jpg
Not my thing, but way more interesting than what people have been suggesting so far. edit: Also, can we never mention Ed Hardy again please. Never. It's not even funny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads