• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WilYa

Reaction score
The famed 545 with exotics
IMG_20180804_201727.jpg IMG_20180804_200850.jpg IMG_20180804_201029.jpg

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally believe the pivot point is more important than length. It's more easily detectable and perceptible in a cap toe shoe. I would but worry about length last.

Also, look at instep, especially is you go with a penny loafer (or any loafer with a strap).

What do you mean by pivot point?

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone describe how the Yoyo (GEYO) sole is in terms of grip and cushioning?

How does it compare to other rubber soles (Dainite, Ridgeway, Commando etc.)?

They GEYO sole is pretty great. Looks good. Can take a beating. Too thick to be considered a "single" or elegant sole, but works wonders for chukkas, boots, and heavier derbies. If I was to order my 533s again, it would be with GEYO

Coldfire3k3

Reaction score
I just got a pair of trial shoes made from my personal last. I'm planning on testing them out for a few weeks before going back to the store. Could someone give me tips on what I should be looking out for to ensure the fit is correct?

First impressions are that these shoes are snug but not uncomfortable when sitting or walking on carpet. When walking on the street, I notice that the shoes dig in a bit onto my little toes. I'm not sure if this is part of the breaking in process?

Itsuo

Reaction score
When walking on the street, I notice that the shoes dig in a bit onto my little toes. I'm not sure if this is part of the breaking in process?

I never had trial shoes but my first few pairs (before all was sorted with a personal last) put pressure on my little toes, with time they stretched and the pressure faded. That being said, I think letting them know about this along with anything else that is uncomfortable to painful would make sense.

You’re definaltely doing the right thing with trials. I can’t express how satisfied I am with my pairs, and they’re as comfortable as any athletic or house shoe.

They GEYO sole is pretty great. Looks good. Can take a beating. Too thick to be considered a "single" or elegant sole, but works wonders for chukkas, boots, and heavier derbies. If I was to order my 533s again, it would be with GEYO

Agreed, I’ve already had my single eyelets converted from leather to geyo when it was time to resole, I plan on having the same done to my loafers, norwegian split toes, and balmoral boots–which are on Dainite.

The geyo soles basically make my St.Cs rain-capable.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads