• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eljimberino

Reaction score
524 Chukka
Riva last
BUF078

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately my love for oxfords have led to an unbalanced shoe wardrobe which lacks a good amount of rubber soles, despite living in Sweden... Because of that all my rubber soled shoes and boots are worn a lot.

I really do love wearing them and they fit very good! Looking forward to my next pairs.

I fully understand. I love oxfords as well. I only have a few rubber soles shoes as well and I live outside Philadelphia. I just do my best to park right outside my building to not get wet but I guess I'm a lucky one in that regard, whereas many people probably have quite a walk to get into their building for work.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey so here are some pictures of my trial shoes that came in from St. C. This is my personal last's trial shoe based off of a very narrow version of the classic last. The model is based off of the 564 u captoe.

This is after I've worn them about 3 times out for a full day and after breaking them in about 3 times at home before that, so I could really get an idea of how well they fit and what further modifications would have to be done to them.

I haven't seen anyone post pictures of the trial shoe process done before, so I wanted to overview it for you all.

First, you choose you last shape and style to make the shoe off of.
Second, you decide on the basic size (length as well as width if needed) for the last as well as any other modifications that you want done (taking off of areas or adding onto areas)
Third, you receive a trial shoe and work it in to decide on how it feels for you.
Fourth, you give feed back to the retailer ( @Skoaktiebolaget in my case ) on what further changes you request.
Fifth, you can order another trial shoe or proceed with the final shoe.

Here is my trial shoe and yes it did come with the shoe bags in the picture. Of course it doesn't come with shoe trees, but I just bought a cheap one from online that could fill it for now.

Here are a few close up pictures to show more of the fit in the front of the shoe:

What are your thoughts on the fit guys? Based on how they felt and the creasing patterns, I think that they are just a tad long (1/4 - 1/2 size equivalent) and still a little wide for me in overall volume.

I hope this helps you all in this process if anyone else is considering a custom last or even just a trial shoe on a modified last.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TtownMD above is the post that I was telling you I was going to post! enjoy!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin Byrne