somet denim..

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nomovement, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

why are the 26's in 008 stretching to 3 sizes but the 003 dont?

Jeans that start out tighter will stretch more.

2. sigma

sigma Senior member

my 008's are closing in on 6 months unwashed. I am so tempted to wash them, but I kind of want to hold out until the beginning of summer. The fades should be sick, oh the temptation

Post pics!

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

im definitely gonna save up and buy the somets 008 next ... so i guess im getting 26

yeah im afriad cuz that context chart is different then i would think

why are the 26's in 008 stretching to 3 sizes but the 003 dont?

고맙습니다

Remember that the rise is really low, so the waist is adjusted to sit accordingly. If you size down 3, you are in for a world of hurt. Just ask Eason.

4. hypnos123

hypnos123 Well-Known Member

Hmm...I'll still a little confused on Somet sizing. When you guys say size down one or two, is it sizing down from your true waist measurement (according to BiG) or hip measurement since it's very low rise?
    My waist is 33", and 34.5" just above my ass crack. My upper thigh is around 22", midthigh maybe like a 20". In this case, should I get tagged 31 or 32 ?
    http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=729

Also, it seems to me the pics on context looks more slim than the actual measurement? If I want a slightly more relaxed fit than it looks on those pics, so I should just size down 1?

Thanks[​IMG]

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

i am torn between buying somets or pbj's with a portion of my income tax return.
    I have seen both turn out awesome, and both offer similar fits at about the same price point. Now its just a matter of which I can actually try on. I think the somets will win out since they have them at context, its doubtful I'll ever be in NYC or SanFran to try any pbj's on.

6. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

any thoughts on the choice between the somet 008s and the Flat Head SE05BSP? I'm debating between the two for my next denim purchase...maybe.

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

i am torn between buying somets or pbj's with a portion of my income tax return.
    I have seen both turn out awesome, and both offer similar fits at about the same price point. Now its just a matter of which I can actually try on. I think the somets will win out since they have them at context, its doubtful I'll ever be in NYC or SanFran to try any pbj's on.

Stop copying me, get the PBJ's!

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

robbie what somets would you buy. I think you should get something else personally, but that's me.

9. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I am trying to decide whether I should get the 003's if I were to get somets, or the pbj007's which are the black/blue ones correct?

I dunno. I feel like at the pricepoint I have quite a few options. I just really would like to try things on first, and I might be taking a trip with the femme to Madison for her job so i could try the somets on.

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

if you own kmw rockers why would you get somets? the jeans aren't that different. IMO you should try a straight leg jean, and I don't really think somet 003s are the 'best' option for those.

11. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

i don't really want a straight leg jean at this point, i want slim and slightly tapered for a bit of stacking.

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

dont you have those tho? my point is that if you want to buy 1 high end jean, you should probably buy something that's different from the slim high end jean you already have, be it in color, denim production, fit, details, etc.

13. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I guess the denim seemed quite a bit darker on the somets than kmws... atleast in the pictures.

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I guess the denim seemed quite a bit darker on the somets than kmws... atleast in the pictures.
    i don't really want a straight leg jean at this point, i want slim and slightly tapered for a bit of stacking.
    Since you already have a pair of KMW rockers, which are slim and slightly tapered, is getting a slightly darker color worth paying $300, a very high % of your paycheck for? Not to mention it will negate your last purchase of the KMWs since you wouldn't have a reason to wear them anymore, making them a waste of money. I don't even think Somets are any darker than KMWs, and they'll all get lighter as you wash them. Somets, despite being hard to fade, are surely easier to fade than KMWs. I bought the 018's (black) because I realized it would be stupid to blow a few hundred on a high end indigo jean when I already had one, and other people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between them.

15. asobu

asobu Senior member

Hmm...I'll still a little confused on Somet sizing. When you guys say size down one or two, is it sizing down from your true waist measurement (according to BiG) or hip measurement since it's very low rise?
    My waist is 33", and 34.5" just above my ass crack. My upper thigh is around 22", midthigh maybe like a 20". In this case, should I get tagged 31 or 32 ?
    http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=729

Also, it seems to me the pics on context looks more slim than the actual measurement? If I want a slightly more relaxed fit than it looks on those pics, so I should just size down 1?

Thanks[​IMG]

Measure a pair of your jeans that fit you well (BiG's measurement guide could help you) and then compare those numbers with the sizing chart to figure your size out. Remember the waist measurements might look slightly big on the somets but will sit lower. Sizing down usually means that you go down in sizes from what you normally wear in jeans that fit "true to size". Yeah, that doens't really help, but there it is.

I am trying to decide whether I should get the 003's if I were to get somets, or the pbj007's which are the black/blue ones correct?

I dunno. I feel like at the pricepoint I have quite a few options. I just really would like to try things on first, and I might be taking a trip with the femme to Madison for her job so i could try the somets on.

It kinda depends on what kind of denim you want. If you want slubby, go for PBJ. xx-007 are blue warp and blue weft (or is it black?) which makes them awesome and also different from your rockers. You might wanna check the measurements though; pbj are a "straight slim" cut that is a very slight bootcut. I know some people were bothered by this and tapered them by alterations. They're amazing jeans though, top quality.