• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somet denim..

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1066/img0452ej2.jpg See that stitch running down the thighs to the knee? That's a dart. They're visible in the other pictures posted in this thread, but I saw this one in the post pics of your denim thread that makes it look really obvious. Darts help get rid of excess fabric in clothing, they're most common on the back of shirts to get rid of drape in the back. http://stylemens.typepad.com/photos/...corsocomo2.jpg (from: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=3462)

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those darts look real bizarre.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're weren't as obvious on my Somet 018 blacks..... almost invisible to the naked eye if you weren't aware of their existence.

user7

Reaction score
hope this isnt bad etiquette, but afriad my post got lost as the last one on the previous page! reposting... sorry if this is considered inappropriate.
------
Can I have your opinions please?

Thinking about either buying somet 003's new full price from BIG, or the 005's in black for $100 here on SF. They've been worn like 10x, and I'd prob wash them if I bought them.

Is it a waste to buy them, wash them, and then wear and not wash for a long time? Does washing it once do anything? I'd do this with the used pair, not the brand new 003's.

Also, anybody have a preference to the 003 vs 005. They both seem dark enough that the fact that one is indigo and one black isn't a huge difference... the white stitching on the 005's stand out more. Do you guys think they look good in real life? Down to personal preference? Any opinions? thanks!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
When they get dirty? Anyway, the tag on the blacks say nothing about avoiding washing, just to enjoy the way the color changes over time.

PeteZaSak

Reaction score
For the 003's owners; How much does the 003 stretch on the waist?

I'm not sure either to get sz.32 or 31. It would be perfect if the sz.31 stretches to 34 inches in the waist.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeteZaSak
For the 003's owners; How much does the 003 stretch on the waist?

I'm not sure either to get sz.32 or 31. It would be perfect if the sz.31 stretches to 34 inches in the waist.

I'm a natural 33 waist, bought a pair of 32's--stretched to about 34. Great fit with a low rise.

PeteZaSak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
I'm a natural 33 waist, bought a pair of 32's--stretched to about 34. Great fit with a low rise.

You mean you bought a pair that measure 32'' at the beginning and then it stretch to 34''?
I see measurement on Blue In Green, the tag size 32 is already 34'' at the waist because 003 designs to fit at the hip.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Those look awesome, especially considering the wear on them. I think these are really the best constructed jean out there.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
search for Blue in Green on google which is a denim store in Soho that has measurements for the Somets. Of course people may have had the jeans hemmed but they come long enough standard that they can be cuffed or stacked depending on preference.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just wear them stacked. i mostly wear high tops, so it looks better that way.

Eason: Yeah man I have been shocked how well these have held up. I think I've washed them twice now, and been wearing them for 8 or 9 months for about 4-5 days a week and there is basically nothing wrong with them. The back pocket lining is shot, but other than that there aren't even any loose threads. They seem indestructible, and I am not easy on my clothes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads