• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Had to watch Germany v. Portugal late because it wasn't on ESPN3, weird that Redknapp (as a pundit on BBC) was wearing Westwood, albeit the most boring labeled shirt

Didn't get to see it (airport had cnn father's day gift ideas on) but was chatting with my homie he said portugal were sitting back and countering for some while. But pepe had a nice curler
eek.gif

This makes it interesting, will holland or portugal be the bigger chokers !?
So far arshavin has been only bright light from arsenal, rvp did no favors for himself by falling over with that one chance. Good thing wenger knows how to deploy the little russian .......
Don't forget Szczesny's red card. Podolski didn't look terrible though. Rosicky and Bendtner (does he even count as Arsenal anymore) were unremarkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino

Pepe hit the underside of the bar, ball bounced on the line, but I don't think it crossed. UEFA has wised up and are manning a 5th official behind each goal line.
Winner in the 86th minute:
nod[1].gif
Yes, but did you see what he did about it? Not a damned thing. He didn't signal that the ball wasn't in, he did nothing but run around and try to get in as many photos as he could

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

but I think the Danes deserved the win.

For what? A good goal, I give you that. Other than that, they showed nothing. At least the Dutch showed time and again how to kill opportunities.

Great handball players though, the Danes

282i0zm.gif

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For what? A good goal, I give you that. Other than that, they showed nothing. At least the Dutch showed time and again how to kill opportunities.
282i0zm.gif
How was that deliberate? The hand went up before the ball was kicked to give him more balance.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SALUDOALOSTROS EURANALYSIS 2012
A continent in economic turmoil decides to duke it out on the football pitch.

Day 2
Holland vs Danemark.
I didn't know catenaccio was a Danish word!  Disgusting game.  Whatever, moving on.

Portugal vs Germany
I was cooking during this game so I didn't see it.   No matter.  I predict POR and GER will qualify in this Group of Death anyways, so this game doesn't really matter.

Predictions for Day 3

Spain vs Italy
Who cares!?  Spain and Italy will move on in this group, so tomorrow they will just play for fun, or maybe Spain will let Italy win, or whatever.  I predict 0-0 and a boring game.  Key Point:  Who cares!  Both are staring economic catastrophe right down the mouth, whoever wins UEFA Euro 2012 is immaterial.

Croatia vs. Ireland
I am looking forward to this game.  I predict CRO 1 IRE 0.
Disgusting :lol:
The game does matter, Germany are probably going through whatever, Holland are/were the second favourites but its not a definite thing.
Italy will not qualify
Who cares about Ireland? I hope they lose 26-0.

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Holland-Denmark

THought holland would do it but Danes played a great tactical game. Hollands coach couldnt adapt well. To be honest Van Persie and Robben werent looking good at all and i was suprised Affelay and DeJong were the ones sacrificed. Maybe Affelay cuz he got tired but he definately had a spark in the game. Maybe DeJong because Van Bommel,who sucked big time, is the coach's son in law!!!

Sneijder played a great game.That pass with the outside of the foot to put Huntelar on goal was amazing.Still cant believe they gave Iniesta his award in 2010!!!

Germany-Portugal

Portugal has a solid defense,but it will always be German domination (my team) in every game they play in this group. Portugal dont play as a team in midfield or attack which is a shame really. Germany had a couple of good players on the night OZIL ofcourse and Hummels were the best two IMHO.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Germany-Portugal
Portugal has a solid defense,but it will always be German domination (my team) in every game they play in this group. Portugal dont play as a team in midfield or attack which is a shame really. Germany had a couple of good players on the night OZIL ofcourse and Hummels were the best two IMHO.

hummels saved the game for the germans. even the german tv commentator agreed that özil aka quaxi wasn't visible in the game.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Germany were better. Not at their best, but they dominated. Didnt translate into a lot of dangerous shots but it was always one targeted shot away. portugal had more obvious ones, but they were few. They had very fast counter attackers in Nani and Ronaldo so Germany couldnt overcommit in their offense which sort of held the game back.

Overall i think they deserved the 1-0, but they will have to step it up if they want to win it all.

kashmir

Reaction score
What is the best tactic to go against/ to shut down Messi? Is he truly unstoppable? He did say himself that the most difficult opposition he had ever faced was Ashley Cole...

ANIKETOS

Reaction score

What is the best tactic to go against/ to shut down Messi? Is he truly unstoppable? He did say himself that the most difficult opposition he had ever faced was Ashley Cole...

Refer to Inter-Barca, Barca-Inter 2010. Best defense masterclass ever.Messi couldnt do anything.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ashley Cole is great but one person marking is not enough to stop him...

It's the all defensive block whick will stop him from playing..

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Irish Croats and Poles fighting yesterday...

!

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

282i0zm.gif

That's a penalty..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics