• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't recall what happened the last time I saw the USMNT play, but people generally sing it around these parts. At Sounders games, the whole stadium sings the entire song loudly regardless of who we are playing. The bandmaster usually just sings the first line, and maybe another line later in the song, but that is it. I think the issue is that people are self conscous singing around strangers in public. Basically everyone at the Sounders game is a season ticket holder and knows the people around them. There aren't any season tix holders for USMNT games. fyi there is no "aversion to US nationalism" in the US. We love chest-beating nationalism -- fighter jets flying over the stadium, troops parachuting into the stadium, flags pinned to everything or waiving about, cannons going off when goals are scored (the Revs do this) etc. on and on. You must be confusing us with Canada :)
Oh, the crowds always do get into it - I was referring more specifically to the players singing along while standing in the lines during pregame and the anthems.
Germany are really producing youngster after youngster that's class at the moment.
uhoh.gif
The mere fact that someone younger than Özil (Göetze) is challenging him for his spot is really frightening. Their average age now is like 23, no? And it's that high just because of Klose still sticking around.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
[COLOR=FF0000]Iran [/COLOR]6 - 0 [COLOR=FF00AA]Bahrain[/COLOR]

Hosseini 22’ Jabari 34’ Aghily 42’ Teimourian 62’ Ansari Fard 75’ Rezaei 83’

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
US coaches need to train how to keep on your feet, they looked like they were playing on an ice rink

Our forwards are weak and many of our younger players are too inexperienced (Spector, Ream, Beckerman, Altidore still) though Chandler and Shea looked great. Also, Onyewu is such a badass (maybe because he reminds me of Common)

Love when they cut to Henry and he's paying more attention to his phone than the match

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
[COLOR=FF0000]Iran [/COLOR]6 - 0 [COLOR=FF00AA]Bahrain[/COLOR]

Hosseini 22’ Jabari 34’ Aghily 42’ Teimourian 62’ Ansari Fard 75’ Rezaei 83’
Japan 8 - 0 Tajikistan
  • Mike HAVENAAR (11' 47')
  • Shinji OKAZAKI (19' 74')
  • Yuichi KOMANO (35')
  • Shinji KAGAWA (41' 68')
  • Kengo NAKAMURA (56')

Poor US Virgin Islands

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Iran-Bahrain was supposed to be a good game. The red card in the second minute ruined it. Very stupid player doing a very stupid challenge.RUined the game,the second leg will hopefully be better if its 11 vs 11

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Iran-Bahrain was supposed to be a good game. The red card in the second minute ruined it. Very stupid player doing a very stupid challenge.RUined the game,the second leg will hopefully be better if its 11 vs 11

who cares this was as exciting as when we beat them 6 years ago to qualify for the WC

also,

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, some good matches today. France-B/H was a nail-biter (but I thought B/H deserved the win).

i could have lived w/o france. many thanks for the chart.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
who cares this was as exciting as when we beat them 6 years ago to qualify for the WC
also,
lurker[1].gif

http://www.101greatgoals.com/liverp...n-their-coffers-with-foreign-tv-money/110131/

^ Greedy Americans, two **** clubs fighting for a **** Olympic stadium, Ashley Cole raging with Snoop Dogg in London, Tevez getting grounded, and much more. Good round up of ****.

I have a lil love affair with Portugal (learning some Portuguese now
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
) so I naturally pull for their Nat. team. Pretty disappointing that they're going to have to play-off their way in. Ronaldo's free kick was sublime though.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a lil love affair with Portugal (learning some Portuguese now
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
) so I naturally pull for their Nat. team. Pretty disappointing that they're going to have to play-off their way in. Ronaldo's free kick was sublime though.
That was a brilliant strike. I took a year of Portuguese in university - kind of as a cheap way to get lots of credit hours of A building off the castellano. I think it's a great language - especially listening for the differences between the continental variety and that of Brasil. I have sympathies for Portugal for the same reasons as you - although I'll die hating Brasil's superiority over Argentina :embar:

ANIKETOS

Reaction score

also,

hahaha DOnt forget that Bahrain kicked ur ass a couple of years ago 3-0 to stop you from going to the WC when they had nothing to lose and you had everything to gain. That was a stronger Iranian team and 11 vs.11

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ireland get the perfect draw for Euro 2012 playoffs.

And I'll be going to my first MLS match next week.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads