Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Fixtures are out for the new season in the Premier League, so I'd say it's as good a time as any to get some pre-season chatter going and welcome anyone new. Will Manchester City continue their run to the top of the table, money flying out of their pockets? Will United hold on and pull through with number 20? Will Arsenal pull their big boy boots on and manage not to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory? Will Chelsea find their form again and wreak havoc? Will Kenny Dalglish return Liverpool to its former days of glory? How about the newly promoted teams? It'll be the first time a Welsh team makes it into the premier league. Norwich and QPR both have potential to stay up with how shaky Wolves, Villa and Wigan have been. http://www.premierleague.com/page/Fi...,12306,00.html Fixtures here for August. Some oddities you might immediately notice: Spurs have a really difficult run in. They aren't going to be getting a break for awhile. On the flip-side, if they managed to stun United before they hit their form and get a result against City, it could be a very significant boost to their season.

2. Bally Eric

Bally Eric Member

1st: Man City
    2nd: Man Utd
    3rd: Chelsea
    4th: Liverpool
    5th: Arsenal

18th: Wigan
    19th: Wolves
    20th: Swansea

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I'll wait until the summer transfers are said and done before I weigh in here.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I'm gutted by the news that Andre Villas Boas may be moving to Chelsea. Not only is that a very scary idea for the rest of the PL teams, but I was sincerely hoping for Porto to stay together for the most part. Wishful thinking, I know. At least Dortmund is showing resolve and aren't selling off Hummels, Subotic, Kagawa, etc. NEW KITS! Chelsea: [​IMG] Real: [​IMG] City: [​IMG] West Ham: [​IMG] Spurs (home / away / third): [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Liverpool third: [​IMG] Swansea: [​IMG] [​IMG] Milan: [​IMG]

5. Bally Eric

Bally Eric Member

Teams change their strips every year now, waste of money especially if you have kids who want one.

Grown men who wear them? [​IMG]

6. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

It's a down year for kit design, I'd say [​IMG]

7. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I like the new United one actually. [​IMG]

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

My new City Away arrived today....loving the throwback black and red stripes. Not too keen on the new home shirt that was leaked, though the sound wave design of "Blue Moon" is pretty cool.

Cool site for footie shirts:
    www.footballshirtculture.com

9. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

^^^

What do you think about those arms out/goal celebration sleeves? They look kinda funky when the arms are down, no?

10. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

I don't see what the big stink with Villas-Boas is. He had a spectacular year, yes, but only one, and he's going to cost Chelsea 15m euros - no manager is worth that much.

11. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Money's on United, as always. And once again we've been linked to every other player in existence, but still no concrete deals

12. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Good:

ManU
    Spurs white

Bad:

Spurs Purple
    Chelsea
    Man City

Meh:

Everything else

13. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

14. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Can't wait for soccer to start back up again. As an Arsenal fan though, I'm a bit torn. I don't want to see Fabregas go to Barca (I must concede that I absolutely love watching Barca games and watch them more than anyone else, it may be my soccer crush with Xavi), but am intrigued with what will happen in the transfer window if Fabregas leaves and we can use that cash to add pieces to the puzzle.

15. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Can't wait for soccer to start back up again. As an Arsenal fan though, I'm a bit torn. I don't want to see Fabregas go to Barca (I must concede that I absolutely love watching Barca games and watch them more than anyone else, it may be my soccer crush with Xavi), but am intrigued with what will happen in the transfer window if Fabregas leaves and we can use that cash to add pieces to the puzzle.

Except Wenger would never spend that money.