• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
So my dry cleaners are marsupialed and laundered, not dry cleaned, my maroon (not burgundy - the "wine" colour from the year before that sold out immediately and is unfindable anywhere) Stark. It has shrunk. ******* assholes. This thing better stretch back out.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So my dry cleaners are marsupialed and laundered, not dry cleaned, my maroon (not burgundy - the "wine" colour from the year before that sold out immediately and is unfindable anywhere) Stark. It has shrunk. ******* assholes. This thing better stretch back out.

I launder all my wool knits on the wool program, they shrink to begin with and after a couple wears, they are back to their usual size.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah, well, that better happen in this case because I'm pretty pissed. I'm wearing it now and may give it a cold soak and try stretching it when it's wet.

I get that some people launder their knits. I took this in and requested a service, and instead of what I paid for they did something else, which resulted in me having to do additional work to make my clothes fit again. That's bullshit.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Royal suckage, man. I've had similar experience w/ wool items and now will only self-launder. At least then if it gets screwed up I'm the only one to blame and deal with it. Best of luck in stretching it out.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score

what size was it/how small is it now?

M. It fit a slim 42 / big 40 before the wash, now a slim 40. It will probably stretch but I'm just annoyed. Also the process fuzzed it a bit - not a ton because it's SNS and SNS strong like bull, but it's definitely softer.
Royal suckage, man. I've had similar experience w/ wool items and now will only self-launder. At least then if it gets screwed up I'm the only one to blame and deal with it. Best of luck in stretching it out.

Thing is they've done sweaters for me before with no serious issues. They just lost their minds this time, and a customer.

My response was to immediately go and buy another green stark and a blue ratio.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I would never take any of my baller ass knits to a dry cleaner, sorry to hear that (not that sns is baller but still no gud yo).

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

M. It fit a slim 42 / big 40 before the wash, now a slim 40. It will probably stretch but I'm just annoyed. Also the process fuzzed it a bit - not a ton because it's SNS and SNS strong like bull, but it's definitely softer.
Thing is they've done sweaters for me before with no serious issues. They just lost their minds this time, and a customer.
My response was to immediately go and buy another green stark and a blue ratio.

o rly? :lurk:

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it turns out that my little city just got a brand new #menswear shop (Baldwin, Our Legacy, APC, Tanner, Filson etc etc) that sells Starks that AREN'T obnoxiously marked up like most things are in Canada (if you ignore the 15% tax).

I got a triple blue melange stark (my first one) and I'm looking to buy 1-2 more. But I'm a bit confused on the sizing....if I read the past few pages right there are a few starks this year (triple blue, green etc) that fit significantly smaller then normal and there are others that fit 'normally'. Is this more or less correct?

alwaysraw

Reaction score

So it turns out that my little city just got a brand new #menswear shop (Baldwin, Our Legacy, APC, Tanner, Filson etc etc) that sells Starks that AREN'T obnoxiously marked up like most things are in Canada (if you ignore the 15% tax).
I got a triple blue melange stark (my first one) and I'm looking to buy 1-2 more. But I'm a bit confused on the sizing....if I read the past few pages right there are a few starks this year (triple blue, green etc) that fit significantly smaller then normal and there are others that fit 'normally'. Is this more or less correct?

what is the store called?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please share store name. Sharing is caring

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
:lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads