• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sotiris

Reaction score
I'm split between either a grain chukka (3542)or a leather 3 eyelet blutcher (3635). Either would be with chained norvegese welt.

Chukka would be either Reh lama, Inca 6127 dark tan grain or Cola lama.

Blutcher would be on either 946 or 74945 last and in either Vitello Bergonette (Burnt Pine-ish) or Vitello Bollet (Hazel-ish).

For chukkas, I currently owe a few suede pairs but no grain chukkas yet.
For lighter brown shoes, I have EG Cardiff in Edwardian and a CJ single monk in Chestnut.

Any suggestions to help me narrow stuff down would be appreciated. Both is not an option (for January).

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm split between either a grain chukka (3542)or a leather 3 eyelet blutcher (3635). Either would be with chained norvegese welt.

Chukka would be either Reh lama, Inca 6127 dark tan grain or Cola lama.

Blutcher would be on either 946 or 74945 last and in either Vitello Bergonette (Burnt Pine-ish) or Vitello Bollet (Hazel-ish).

For chukkas, I currently owe a few suede pairs but no grain chukkas yet.
For lighter brown shoes, I have EG Cardiff in Edwardian and a CJ single monk in Chestnut.

Any suggestions to help me narrow stuff down would be appreciated. Both is not an option (for January).

In our neck of the woods I would say chukka gets worn more often. I would recommend Cola llama.

Sotiris

Reaction score
Thanks! Is Cola the same color that was stocked previously?

Would chain norvegese look good with a rubber sole? I think I've only seen them with leather soles but not sure.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would chain norvegese look good with a rubber sole? I think I've only seen them with leather soles but not sure.

I do not think it would matter I would say just go for it.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I have narrow what I want or can buy. I will go with

This model

In Betis Blue

H

Tht seems like a really nice combination. How dark should it be when finished? As extreme as the other example we were shown?

What sole?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was told by skoaktiebolaget that the picture is the cola. I am doing the chukka in either Reh or cola lama with chain norvegese but with a single leather sole with a beveled waist.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

H

Tht seems like a really nice combination. How dark should it be when finished? As extreme as the other example we were shown?

What sole?

I have no idea how dark it will be. I will just let myself be surprised with final result. I am still debating single or double leather soles.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how dark it will be. I will just let myself be surprised with final result. I am still debating single or double leather soles.
I'm not a blue shoe guy but I think this is a great idea and they will turn out to be phenomenal. I don't know why I find myself with a strong opinion on this but for some reason I think the double leather is the way to go on these.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reh Llama with chained Norvegese will be stunning. Good call.

I need a casual, non chukka boot in that combo. Can't think of a style yet that I love.

Has anyone else considered that balmoral boot I posted? If so, would you stick with the 363MOD last (same as the MTO) or have you thought of a different last?

Too bad the 74945 doesn't come in G width! :(

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed my order for a Bonafe MTO austerity brogue boot in the Scozia mid-brown country calf and forest green suede combo with chained norvegese and dainite sole. :slayer: Added the full fur lining so I can be toasty warm and deal with this godforsaken 10 degree weather here in NYC. ************** Bonafe elves, get crackin'!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just placed my order for a Bonafe MTO austerity brogue boot in the Scozia mid-brown country calf and forest green suede combo with chained norvegese and dainite sole. :slayer: Added the full fur lining so I can be toasty warm and deal with this godforsaken 10 degree weather here in NYC. ************** Bonafe elves, get crackin'!

this sounds like a fun makeup! is it the bal or blucher boot?

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not a blue shoe guy but I think this is a great idea and they will turn out to be phenomenal.  I don't know why I find myself with a strong opinion on this but for some reason I think the double leather is the way to go on these.

It depends on if you want a beveled waist or not. The beveled is only available in the single leather sole. I think that shoe can look great with either with the single and beveled giving a more formal and classy look. The double leather sole will still look nice but not as formal. The benefit would be longer lasting though.

I wish there was such a thing as a beveled double leather sole, but I have never seen it for any shoe.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must be the boot, since a fur lined shoe would be odd no?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reh Llama with chained Norvegese will be stunning. Good call.

I need a casual, non chukka boot in that combo. Can't think of a style yet that I love.

Has anyone else considered that balmoral boot I posted? If so, would you stick with the 363MOD last (same as the MTO) or have you thought of a different last?

Too bad the 74945 doesn't come in G width! :(

Thanks. That is what I am going to do. I'm also going to try the single leather beveled waist sole. I'm just waiting to hear what last they can make my size in. I'm good with just about any of them but I think the 804 would be a unique combo if possible especially because it is not as voluminous which works with my narrow foot

I could see that combo in a two or three eyelet derby.
I even could see it with a balmoral or derby boot. You could even use a two tone with a grain or suede to really make it distint.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds good. I like the grain with suede combo. It will stand out from the regular calf and suede combos. I could use that lining where I am in jersey. 7 degrees here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads