• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! What color Utah is that?

I'm interested in how they fit for you. I love the aesthetics of my chestnut Utahs but I was really concerned after the first two wears because I just didn't feel they fit my feet well. After the third wear, I am feeling more comfortable that they are going to work. Not sure if they actually needed break-in or I'm just getting more used to the different fit.

It's interesting because I'm finding that English boots don't seem to have much of a heel counter from what I'm used to. I'm using these Galways and a few C&J boots for this reference. And I'm comparing the English boots to say, Vibergs, Aldens or even Carminas. I definitely get more heel slip in my English boots. But some heel slip is okay for me in boots.

Hope you're enjoying them when you get to wear them!
Thanks - they are brown Utah. Haven't had a moment to try them but I will let you know.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The import taxes and duties incoming to the U.S. are very high, FedEx so far is the more cost effective way to import and depending on wether you are importing containers to New York or California the price difference can be considerably higher. No way around import fees based on declared value. Enzo Bonafe' has never set a MSRP and leaves that up to its retailers, other makers are concerned because of the retailers in the US loosing sales abroad.

LOL at your very high US duties and taxes. Try 18% duties on shoes and an additional 13% tax and let me know what you think. :)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL at your very high US duties and taxes. Try 18% duties on shoes and an additional 13% tax and let me know what you think. :)

The import taxes and duties incoming to the U.S. are very high, FedEx so far is the more cost effective way to import and depending on wether you are importing containers to New York or California the price difference can be considerably higher. No way around import fees based on declared value. Enzo Bonafe' has never set a MSRP and leaves that up to its retailers, other makers are concerned because of the retailers in the US loosing sales abroad.

Haha yeah 8.5% fedex and fee is almost the same as sales tax for LA. I think my St. C order sales tax was over $200 :lol:

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup being Canadian is painful, not only does our dollar suck but we have very few retail options to try shoes on and order from and we get nailed on duty and tax.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The import tax and duties from the EU to US for men's shoes is 8.5% plus maybe another percent handling fee from FedEx, to be honest, I think this is very low.

It is correct that Bonafè does not provide a recommended retail price list and probably never will. Saint Crispin's did not either until very, very recently. With StC the problem is more the opposite where you see over priced StC in parts of the world. Carmina still does not have a formal RRP although they expect you to not sell below their online prices. But that's about to change. There will be major changes before the end of the year.

gdknight64

Reaction score
I know I am late to this, but if others are still interested in a rain lasted tomir sole formal dress shoe in burgundy, I would be in as well.
I would also be fine with vegano burdeaux (see here: http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-oxford-shoes/lace-up-burgundy-80251) or museum burgundy for color.
For design I would be fine with anything as minimal as this (http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-oxford-shoes/toe-cap-punched-80201) up to a quarter-brogue but no more than that.
@Pbayvip @canadianhockey3 @BingoLiddle @ThunderMarch was there a 6th person interested and did anyone make a thread?

Hope we can make this happen--thanks!

canadianhockey3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I know I am late to this, but if others are still interested in a rain lasted tomir sole formal dress shoe in burgundy, I would be in as well.
I would also be fine with vegano burdeaux (see here: http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-oxford-shoes/lace-up-burgundy-80251) or museum burgundy for color.
For design I would be fine with anything as minimal as this (http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-oxford-shoes/toe-cap-punched-80201) up to a quarter-brogue but no more than that.
@Pbayvip @canadianhockey3 @BingoLiddle @ThunderMarch was there a 6th person interested and did anyone make a thread?

Hope we can make this happen--thanks!

I would be interested in a burgundy with a tomir sole if it's either a normal cap toe or quarter brogue.

SoleGarb

Reaction score
LOL at your very high US duties and taxes. Try 18% duties on shoes and an additional 13% tax and let me know what you think.
smile.gif

That is insanely high and to be charged both. Sorry

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads