• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skinny guys

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I 've noticed that a lot of people in this forum are skinny. Do you guys look at skinny as some type of ideal?

Ott

Reaction score
not an ideal, i've always been a skinny motherfucker. it took me two years of working out and forcing myself to eat to get up to a whopping 155lbs
smile.gif

kapay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I stay skinny because my alternative seems to be simultaneously skinny and fat.

Not a good look.

I agree... at first I thought I was just gonna stay skinny until I started getting a slight beer gut while my arms and legs remained twig-like. Very unattractive. If it wasn't for school (at least that's my excuse) I'd actually use the gym membership I pay for and make myself bigger overall.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the ideal man is low fat but medium build as far as muscle. Think greek statuary. An example is Randy Moss.

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/s...22/368moss.jpg

Just my opinion. Good news is different women like different kinds of guys so there is room for all types.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
skinny guys definitely look a lot better than non-skinny guys.

I'm pretty fit and I definitely wouldn't count myself as "skinny". Not a muscle-bound hulk in the least bit, but I'm 5"11 170lbs.

I think the point he was trying to make is that a lot of you are quite thin, which I've also noticed.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In terms of body, I say that Brad Pitt is ideal. While he is very cut, his frame is still quite skinny.

Goblin

Reaction score
From Phil's Field Guide to Trolls, Version 5.11
http://www.themartialist.com/pecom/f...detotrolls.htm

The Contrarian Troll. A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

- Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls (see Natural Predators below). Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. Pursued by Troll Bashers (see Natural Predators below), the Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice - all the while continuing to respond to them.

- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

Contrarian warning sign behaviors may be shared by other breeds.
teacha.gif

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 feet 170 lbs, due to years of kickboxing, soccer and plain working out.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol.

By the way, not to say that I'm into guys, but skinny guys definitely do not look better than "non-skinny" guys.

I'd say medium, but in good shape, would probably be ideal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads