• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hyper sensitive liberalism at its finest. The comment was simply revolved around a particular group of people's means of dressing. There were zero judgments regarding their lifestyle (apart from style of dress), values, or morals. You're reading far too much in to an off hand critique of someones clothing choice. Just because someone says something that is not 100% positive regarding a particular group of people does not make them bigoted or in this case 'homophobic'.

likewise, hyper sensitive conservatism at its finest. make negative hyperbolic comment about someone and then backpeddle and deny any wrongdoing. you sir, are an asshat

Last edited:

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
@BlakeRVA - Telling someone they "look like a lesbian" to deride them conflates your perception of the group's appearance with your judgment of them. That's one issue, which is - denotatively - homophobic. The other issue is that there is no one way to look like a lesbian, nor does dressing in any particular way denote that you are a lesbian. Literally not how things work.
I don't think what the poster said was very tactful, however, pegging him as 'homophobic' for it seems extreme and inaccurate. I agree, dressing in a particular fashion does not dictate ones sexual preference. However, you cannot overlook the fact that lesbians do wear clothes, therefore you can dress like a lesbian. And I maintain the position there is nothing wrong with thinking a group of people dress poorly. I think most professional athletes dress poorly. Does that mean I hate professional athletes and I feel prejudice towards them? I don't think so..

likewise, hyper sensitive conservatism at its finest. make negative hyperbolic comment about someone and then backpeddle and deny any wrongdoing. you sir, are an asshat
If you would like to participate in any discussion, you should contribute thought provoking ideas that help prove or disprove/discredit the claims or ideas at hand. I'm not going to engage in a name calling match. Have a good one.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez.

So, I'm going to tall a TO here, and say that if you want to continue talk about lesbians, MoK looking like a Lesbian, whether it's okay or not for him to do so, etc... that you please do it in Current Events (also called the CEsspool), and not here.

Thanks,

Fok.

mbaum

Reaction score
@ramdomthought Good as always. I really liked your last WAYWT fit with the longer coat. Did you not post here because there were no EG items in it? That coat, in combo with the jeans is killer.

Mike

ramdomthought

Reaction score

@ramdomthought
 Good as always. I really liked your last WAYWT fit with the longer coat. Did you not post here because there were no EG items in it? That coat, in combo with the jeans is killer.

Mike

hah thanks

the only eg item in that fit was the shirt, and it was such a minor piece of it all that i figured it wasn't a good representation in how i wear the brand

truly appreciate the compliment, though :slayer:

lawlercon

Reaction score
So, anyone own FW13 chambray workshirt? Notice it fits super long? Like, really long? I just threw mine in the wash on 'warm' to hopefully remedy the fit. Little too long for my liking and I know I saw somewhere on a blog that it was cut like that intentionally - so if anyone knows if that is true - and also why - that would be cool. It's not long enough to be a 'long' shirt, just looks like a slightly ill fitting button up. Just noticed it today, and of course due to my OCD it is bothering me on a new level.

Last edited:

lgeicher

Reaction score
I miss my long FW work shirt...I have a SS15 that fits a bit short for me, if your washing doesn't help perhaps we can make a trade. I think I've worn it once or twice max.

PM me if interested.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, anyone own FW13 chambray workshirt? Notice it fits super long? Like, really long? I just threw mine in the wash on 'warm' to hopefully remedy the fit. Little too long for my liking and I know I saw somewhere on a blog that it was cut like that intentionally - so if anyone knows if that is true - and also why - that would be cool. It's not long enough to be a 'long' shirt, just looks like a slightly ill fitting button up. Just noticed it today, and of course due to my OCD it is bothering me on a new level.

My FW13 Miner shirt is also huge, i'm looking for another.

agvs

Reaction score

Yep, same. Mine fit big all over but most noticeably in length. I actually shortened the front a bit myself to make it wearable. A hot wash and dry and it fits me much better now but still a bit larger than I'd like. The sleeves are just ridiculously long. I can't wear them down unless I cuff them.

nickp

Reaction score
Nice as usual @ramdomthought - those Yoox shoes were a good snag.

@RuffyD very cool to see the SS14 plaid stuff. SS14 had so many sides... interesting to see the rarely seen plaids from that season. (SS15 seems similar in that regard)

also re:Work Shirts - the sleeves are long with zero taper - they definitely need to be rolled up, layered over... or you've got to embrace the frumpiness. I have a SS13 chambray one I get nice wear out of but got rid of a couple plaid ones I had due to the fit.

Too bad 19th century BDs seem to all be priced near $300 nowadays. And sell out before sale (at least for the oxfords) - sheesh.

lawlercon

Reaction score
I did a 'warm' wash with no spin, and a low heat dry and it took it up a bit. I'll try the same again today and it should be good. This is definitely not how I wash my other workshirts. I always wash them cold, no spin, and air dry them. Keeps the shape the same and stops the fabric from crocking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads