• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El QUaG

Reaction score
Nothing too wild going on here, but wore the full Andover suit to a friends' wedding yesterday. Perfect for a cold Autumn afternoon/evening.

FW13 Andover Jacket - Navy Wool
FW13 Cinch Trousers - Navy Wool
FW12 Floral Bow Tie
FW12 Paisley/Polka Dot Pocket Square

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
COTTON BEDFORD

2O3rPW1.jpg

BKowNfa.jpg

pTIprUT.jpg

dptgBOj.jpg

DMDL7CQ.jpg

bLoULL6.jpg

gdMMsuA.jpg

wzJGDUn.jpg

GpOgzFa.jpg

COTTON DOBBY DIAMOND PRINT ANDOVER

7g0CpQS.jpg

PmSx4Qu.jpg

0rUdCg2.jpg

I'm trying to branch out a little bit with my blue jackets, I guess, which can look a little boring or traditional at times. Advice welcome!

.​

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@noob - very nice, especially like that first one.

Total EG noob here, sent in this direction by @Ken P . Read through this whole thread, lots of great inspiration. I've been picking up a few older EG pieces on eBay, looking for advice on how to style them better:

Two-tone Engineer Jacket (S/S11?)

Safari Jacket:

Chambray Harrington:

Obviously these are more on the casual side (maybe too "MC Casual"), but I would also like to try and incorporate these types of jackets (or other recommended pieces) in conjunction with my office's typical "business casual" dress code.

Any advice is appreciated, including whether or not these particular jackets can even work at all. Thanks in advance.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, those all look really great to me. I'm not sure why, if you just slapped on some boots or something, or maybe some navy chinos instead of jeans, you couldn't wear any of those in a biz caz context. I'd say they're all really working, though.

I think the safari jacket might look more EG-ish with one of their huge flowing white shirts and perhaps some fatigue pants.

(Someone suggested these as a cheaper alternative: http://www.allseasonsuniforms.com/ea13a.htm )

Ken P, send me some jackets. :happy:

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking good guys, I like the engineer fit from cd and the dooby andover from noob (is that uniqlo grey/black camo flannel under it though, if so grey pants would work better imho)

Shingles

Reaction score

A sucker for last season's look book. Bought almost the full outfit :embar:

Navy HB Windowpane LDT Jacket
Western Mountaineering Black Flash Vest
Black Floral Printed Corduroy Cinch Pants
Gitman shirt
Polka Dot Knit Tie
Black Shell Cordovan Alden Plain Toe Blucher
Ebbets

Last edited:

Knight

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads