• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eluther

Reaction score

the fw14 parka is very similar color wise. i know gentry has a large for sale still (i feel like you're a large)

Ah – in that photo it looks like it's a green (an avacado-ish color) and not an olive. Maybe I haven't missed out on something unattainable.

And I'm a M, strangely. A lot of guys who sound like they're the same size as me wear L :shrug:

m4gdelen4

Reaction score
The jacket Oasis is wearing definitely looks more of a leafy green than olive. On my computer it's quite different from the olive parka.

lawlercon

Reaction score

maybe I am blind. here is reversed sateen workadays, a beat to **** chambray workshirt, mckinlays, and the fw14 field parka.. also, wiwt.

Last edited:

Oasis

Reaction score
Shawl is great - I want one but grudge paying the ££ for an accessory.. :embar:

RE the colour of the FW07 Mountain Parka. I've not handled the FW14 parka and I believe both are described as Olive.

From what I've seen, my FW07 parka is alot lighter and more avocado (that's a good word to describe the colour) than the FW14 version (but I've not handled it IRL). To my eyes they're not even close. The FW07 Mountain Parka is more comparible to the SS14 Olive Ripstop bedford, but 2 or 3 shades on the darker side..

lawlercon

Reaction score

double workshirts, workaday rev sateen fatigues, mckinlays.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone buy my stuff so i can win this andover on yjp pleaseeeeeee. i'll cut you a really good deal if you buy before the end of the week.

Last edited:

eluther

Reaction score
Good on you for doing it, but I can't endorse the lookbook-style of wearing your jackets inside-out.

Normally, I wouldn't make such an inane comment, but someone has to acknowledge that you did it.

Did anyone in your run to FedEx notice that you'd done it?

nsltrls

Reaction score
I forgot who mentioned this, but is it possible to get an EG trading thread on track? Or do you guys think we should just use this thread, seeing as it's already a place for general EG discussion?

I've been going back and forth with @lawlercon for a bit, so that's what got me thinking.

lawlercon

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with using this thread. I always like to see photos of Eg pieces I may of never seen. Especially if they're in my size!

Pratt Kale

Reaction score
Good on you for doing it, but I can't endorse the lookbook-style of wearing your jackets inside-out.

Normally, I wouldn't make such an inane comment, but someone has to acknowledge that you did it.

Did anyone in your run to FedEx notice that you'd done it?

Wearing jackets inside out isn't really an EG thing. More of a something that Comme does. And to answer your question I don't think anyone noticed.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads