Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

^ Is that a cycling jacket ?

Agreed, that hem is -1 unless it'll be worn as a cycling jacket. Even then...

2. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

3. CiscoUsername

CiscoUsername Active Member

4. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

What do you dudes think of this for a spring jacket? [​IMG]
    I saw this on Oi Polloi today. I really dig it, and I particularly like the hem actually. Get that shiz, especially if you ride.

5. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Some wool and cashmere knits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

shore, you just convinced me to wait till next year. I like the charcoal with windowpane. I'd been looking at this jacket since Oi Polloi first put the grey one on their site this F/W, but it'd be a huge investment for me right now.

The only reason I would hesitate is that there's no guarantee anyone will stock that color next fall. Plus, sale price is nice

7. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

I am trying to decide whether to buy a pair of APC new standards or not.

I'm currently wearing a pair of Levis 501 STF that I've had for about 7 months now and have not soaked or washed yet (I only wear them about 2-3 times a week). I sized down an inch in the waist and they fit pretty good. However, they are ready for a wash and I anticipate the inseam shrinking to an undesirable length as they are perfect right now, and I don't like the bright indigo color of standard Levis after a wash. They will probably be a beater pair after the wash.

My question is, should I continue to purchase Levis 501 STF every 6 months or so for the look of new raw denim that I like or go with a pair of higher quality APCs that I'll continue to wear once faded and fit a little better in the rise/seat as well?

8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

On final sale right now. Its not that i need them, but I use RWs alot, so I wouldnt mind some more rotation. Not crazy about the sole, but I think I´ll manage (or switch it out for something lighter and lower profile). [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. bschram

bschram Member

10. meanpeoplesuck

meanpeoplesuck Well-Known Member

11. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Does anyone know wheter these Dior 19cm are raw selvage?

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...vendorColor=NTMw&season=actual&seasProdID=51I

Thanks.

They sure look to be. Gotta love that 'boutique' shit though. No mention at all of whether raw or not, stf or sanforized, type of denim, inseam length, fit dimensions, etc. Dior Homme has it's fans, but I think they're retarded expensive fwiw.

12. bschram

bschram Member

They sure look to be. Gotta love that 'boutique' shit though. No mention at all of whether raw or not, stf or sanforized, type of denim, inseam length, fit dimensions, etc. Dior Homme has it's fans, but I think they're retarded expensive fwiw.

I'm now thinking that they aren't selvage. They offer those at a much higher price. I wish I could tell whether or not they're raw. Any thoughts?

13. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

they're probably raw looking at the pictures. if you're looking for raw selvedge denim to fade why are you looking at dior?

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I am trying to decide whether to buy a pair of APC new standards or not. I'm currently wearing a pair of Levis 501 STF that I've had for about 7 months now and have not soaked or washed yet (I only wear them about 2-3 times a week). I sized down an inch in the waist and they fit pretty good. However, they are ready for a wash and I anticipate the inseam shrinking to an undesirable length as they are perfect right now, and I don't like the bright indigo color of standard Levis after a wash. They will probably be a beater pair after the wash. My question is, should I continue to purchase Levis 501 STF every 6 months or so for the look of new raw denim that I like or go with a pair of higher quality APCs that I'll continue to wear once faded and fit a little better in the rise/seat as well?
    People who buy shrink-to-fit denim and don't soak them are idiots.
    No DH denim is unsanforized, inseam is 37-38 on raws and 37-40 on washed, dimensions are easy to find with a search, DH jeans have wax treatments that you won't find on any other pair of jeans... Nostalgy is the MII raw and Brut is the MIJ raw.
    I'm now thinking that they aren't selvage. They offer those at a much higher price. I wish I could tell whether or not they're raw. Any thoughts?
    There are only a few models of selvedge made by DH, Made in Morocco red selvedge and Made in Japan silver selvedge are the ones that come to mind. Most people don't buy DH jeans for a normal raw, selvedge jean. They aren't super well constructed or special, there are far better choices for the money unless you spend on the wax treated or washed jeans. Also, both the blue and black raws are notoriously hard to fade (most especially with blacks)

15. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

So if they dont buy DHs as 'normal, raw selvedge' why do they buy them? status?