• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the first better but really want to dive into that photo and fix your collar gap. The second jacket goes with pretty much nothing you already own.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those stutterheim jackets look nice but not really comparable to toj fishtail. One is a winter coat the other is a rain coat.

also $700 for an elongated Norse x Elka jacket
uhoh.gif

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chuck bass scarf would go well with all the designer stuff you have, though $275 is pushing it

Jil Sander black leather penny loafers (used) for $200.
Y/N?

No, what season? Probably churches

Trying out a couple of terry-loop jacket/cardigan (carjacketgan? blazardigan?) thingies.
(A) is a little lighter in color, two-button, and has the ladyfriend's approval, but it's dry-clean only. (B) is a bit darker, cost less, and is machine-washable, but the front quarters(?) cross when I only button the top two buttons. Not sure if a trip through the drier would take care of that.

Think first one is a bit cleaner, second one has a weird button stance, too high imo. Neither is hugging your shoulders though, think these are better fits for someone with bigger / bulkier shoulders

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Trying out a couple of terry-loop jacket/cardigan (carjacketgan? blazardigan?) thingies.
option A:
pbgIc.jpg
EIkK1.jpg
option B:
aP3Bu.jpg
mxDYw.jpg
option C:
neither
(A) is a little lighter in color, two-button, and has the ladyfriend's approval, but it's dry-clean only. (B) is a bit darker, cost less, and is machine-washable, but the front quarters(?) cross when I only button the top two buttons. Not sure if a trip through the drier would take care of that.

Forgot to mention - if (C), any recommendations for an alternative?
anyone know anything about these cafe'noir?

inexpensive side zips

I'd be slightly suspicious based on the sheer volume of the brand they always have on Yoox.

On the other hand, I think it's free shipping for all orders, so if you're ok with losing $6 or so on return shipping, you can always check them out and return them if they're no good.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention - if (C), any recommendations for an alternative?
I'd be slightly suspicious based on the sheer volume of the brand they always have on Yoox.
On the other hand, I think it's free shipping for all orders, so if you're ok with losing $6 or so on return shipping, you can always check them out and return them if they're no good.
yeah.. they have a ton of MOMA too, and supposedly they're pretty great, but I like the look of these best.. shame I cant find a country of origin. Might just order and do a quick a review for all to see.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oh cool! I ordered these a few days ago.. peeps raving about em so I'll see whats up. Thanks!

You remembered to size down 1 on them right? They run large, I'm normally a 10 but I got a 9 in them and they're still a little long in the toe box though I think they're intended to be like that.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You remembered to size down 1 on them right? They run large, I'm normally a 10 but I got a 9 in them and they're still a little long in the toe box though I think they're intended to be like that.

Same exact situation on my end, like exactly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads