• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

dyeam

Reaction score
mainly because it looks like an orthopedic shoe paired with an ugly boat shoe.
if you want boatshoes, just get topsiders, they're the least ugly boat shoe out there that i've seen
sperry-topsider-jcrew-1.jpg
I picked these up the other day. I wanted a boat-shoe-esque shoe, with a more younger vibe to them. Theyre dope.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All boat shoes suck. If you are considering boat shoes, your wardrobe is definitely not edgy.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure a pair of sperrys are much different than the sneaker I put up which almost barely looks like a boat shoe. Just sayin. 

What are you just sayin?

Anyhow, it's a boat shoe sneaker hybrid, which is worse than just a plain sperry boat shoe, which in itself is just boring prep wear. Nothing wrong if that's you're thing but it's far from edgy.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mikey y u sell OL blazer? I have the full suit and its so steezy pulling that 80s bad guy from pretty in pink crumpled loose suit look.

akimboslice

Reaction score
I want to get some basic black and white tees with bound necklines. I found these ones from OAK NYC, but I haven't heard of this company before and don't know if they're quality or not. Anyone got any alternatives? (I know everyone makes a black tee, but I want one with this type of neckline and slim fit)

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I want to get some basic black and white tees with bound necklines. I found these ones from OAK NYC, but I haven't heard of this company before and don't know if they're quality or not. Anyone got any alternatives? (I know everyone makes a black tee, but I want one with this type of neckline and slim fit)

Oak hasn't gotten much press around here in a couple of years, but they're certainly a legit business (although it seems they mostly specialize, still, in incomprehensible modeling poses). You could also try Silent tee shirts (Damir Doma's diffusion line, and comparable to oak prices when on sale), but they probably won't be as slim. Otherwise, Rick Owens mainline ($$$$) or even DRKSHDW is a possibility as well.

dyeam

Reaction score
All boat shoes suck. If you are considering boat shoes, your wardrobe is definitely not edgy.
Really? I guess we have different opinions on what edgy is then. A store like express (which I consider relatively edgy) carries boat shoes. Not sperrys, but a sneaker/boat shoe hybrid. It also depends on what you wear it with. If you wear the shoes above with a pair of cargos and a polo, clearly won't look edgy. Wear them with some dark jeans, a nice shirt, and maybe a nice bomber jacket.. completely different look.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everlane tees have a slightly open neckline, though not as extreme as the Oak one, and have been my go-to or the most part.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads