1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I have bought it for the president, teh coffee?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by patrickBOOTH, May 25, 2011.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

It wouldn't even cross my mind to buy him coffee in this scenario. Don't worry about it.
    This.

2. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

The answer to this question is not black and white, yes or no. It all depends on your relationship with the boss.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Yes, he knows me. I give him presentations and such.

No need to buy him coffee then. He would've appreciated it if you hiked up your skirt just a tad though.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

you did the right thing.
    i would feel insulted if someone (not my senior) bought me a drink or whatever if we don't have a close relationship (ie. working pretty close together).

Yup - actually even if we are; unless I did that person some minor favour which would commonly be repaid with coffee, I would not want someone junior to me picking up the tab for anything.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I hope you included a WAYWT "lifestyle" pic as well

A link. [​IMG]

6. Samovar McGee

Samovar McGee Senior member

Totally not necessary, patrick. Just do a good job, and impress him with quality presentations. That in itself should be worth a thousand and one cups of cafeteria robusta.

7. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

You should've removed your one-button suit and presented it to him while genuflecting and flagellating yourself with your belt.

8. Samovar McGee

Samovar McGee Senior member

You should've removed your one-button suit and presented it to him while genuflecting and flagellating yourself with your belt.

Bonus points if you're wearing a hairshirt underneath it!

9. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

that cheapskate shouldve paid for yours. [​IMG]

The CEO of my last company used to sit outside and smoke a cigar all the time. Id occasionally be out with a buddy on a smoke break. I had a great selection of cigars in my humidor so I brought him one of my favorites...a nicely aged cuban cohiba esplindito...he took it, and a few days later came to my desk and thanked me with a small box of Rocky Patels. VERY nice gesture on his part.

about a month later my department closed and I was out of work.

10. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

that cheapskate shouldve paid for yours. [​IMG]

The CEO of my last company used to sit outside and smoke a cigar all the time. Id occasionally be out with a buddy on a smoke break. I had a great selection of cigars in my humidor so I brought him one of my favorites...a nicely aged cuban cohiba esplindito...he took it, and a few days later came to my desk and thanked me with a small box of Rocky Patels. VERY nice gesture on his part.

he knew it was coming

11. Jangofett

Jangofett Senior member

he took it, and a few days later came to my desk and thanked me with a small box of Rocky Patels. VERY nice gesture on his part.

You should have stormed into his office, thrown the Patels to his face and scream 'thanks for nuthing you sumbitch'. Classy.

12. Hayato

Hayato Well-Known Member

Lame. He should have bought you your coffee/breakfast.

This

13. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

God, no.
    Awkward for him. Bad for you if it gets around.

14. ginlimetonic

ginlimetonic Senior member

The answer to this question is not black and white, yes or no. It all depends on your relationship with the boss.
    you mean a male sexual relationship with the CEO is a scenario where you are obliged buy when he is in a line behind you. edit: I should be more concerned outdressing your bosses a few levels up.

15. VelvetGreen

VelvetGreen Senior member

The reason where he is where he is, and you are where you are (for the moment), is because he is the kind of guy who doesn't buy others coffee. [​IMG]