• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Manhattan

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on Billy Reid. Men's and women's clothing. Check website for type of clothes. It's also right around the corner from the Varvatos "rock and roll" CBGB emporium on Bowery.

Lachy

Reaction score
I know these threads keep popping up, but I'm glad this one did now as I will be in NYC myself soon.

And isn't Manhatten one of thsoe places in constant flux? New stores opening, old ones closing/moving, falling in and out of favor etc. So it's good to see an updated thread from time to time.

While we're on the subject, and I realise this question may be better served in the Social Life forum, but I like you guys better, any restaurant/bar recomendations?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to be in NYC for thanksgiving, anyone know of any great clothing deals from SF-approved places?

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
Going to be in NYC for thanksgiving, anyone know of any great clothing deals from SF-approved places?

well, the economy going the way it is.... everyone's going to have massive sales, everyone's already been having massive sales. and black friday being the way it is... i'll be in maine far far away from manhattan.

wonderwall

Reaction score
which clarks store in manhattan has the best selection of desert boots? more specifically the beeswax color. i'm looking for a variety of sizes to try on to see what fits. thanks.

wonderwall

Reaction score
Bump for more suggestions!
smile.gif

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bergdorf Goodman
Barneys
Saks 5th Avenue
Bloomingdales

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
project no. 8 and gargyle (i think) if you're near chinatown. stop by super taste for some noodles and dumpling house for good cheap dumplings

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Department Stores (look for sales)
Bergdorf
Barneys

Shoe Stores
Leffot
David Z
Alden
Niketown / Addidas Orignals

Boutiques
Ralph Lauren (Soho, Mansion, Bleeker St)
Rugby (Union Square)
Steven Alan (Tribca Annex)
APC (Soho)
Jean Shop (Meatpacking)
Self Edge
Oak
Epaulet (Brooklyn)
Blue in Green
J Crew (Men's stores n Tribeca and Soho; or general store on 5th avenue)

Dress Clothes
Rothman's
Brooks Brothers
Paul Stuart
J Press

Fancier Stuff (A lot of this is not "SF Approved" but I like it)
Hermes Men's Store
Ferragamo (5th Ave)
Gucci (5th Ave)

meatnpotatoz

Reaction score
Todd Shelton is a lesser known designer that makes some very quality and well fitting dress shirts, trousers etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics