• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And while I went to Bestetti to take measures for my first bespoke Gladiators I withdrew my first pair of shoes Bestetti MTO. I brought it to him for rifagli the trick. This is the model with flower in Balmoral tip.

I must say I'm really very comfortable. Although I have flat feet.

And then Bestetti uses only French calfskin ... so the best you can have as quality. And I must say that most older Balmoral this the more I like. Then his level of finish I think is unbeatable today.

You often see a lot of photos of bespoke shoes that are beautiful. It finishes are always in the picture, wonderful. Then maybe instead when you see the same shoes the photo in reality it makes you faint. This is because the photo is much better than the reality. Do not you ever? But with Bestetti it happened to me the opposite. His shoes and his finishes are truly a sight in reality.

What do you think?

benhour

Reaction score
You often see a lot of photos of bespoke shoes that are beautiful. It finishes are always in the picture, wonderful. Then maybe instead when you see the same shoes the photo in reality it makes you faint. This is because the photo is much better than the reality. Do not you ever? But with Bestetti it happened to me the opposite. His shoes and his finishes are truly a sight in reality.

What do you think?
very beautiful shoes!! waiting for the gladiators with anticipation
happy.gif

btw try not to cover the vamp area with wax so no cracking(color lighten) is visible and use a tooth pic to clean the brogueing this ll make them look as new (and stay) for longer!!

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bestitti gladiator isn't exactly just an oxford with ball straps. The facing has an extra horizontal line down to the welt compare to the ball strap oxfords.
And thanks for telling me the space ... do not worry ... but it's a MTO .. and fit in with the less I were tight ... having flat feet when I give the weight spread out a lot ... and this is fit for the best compromise ... if you notice even the neck is soft ...

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very beautiful shoes!! waiting for the gladiators with anticipation
happy.gif

btw try not to cover the vamp area with wax so no cracking(color lighten) is visible and use a tooth pic to clean the brogueing this ll make them look as new (and stay) for longer!!
thanks for the compliments ... for polishing in wamp is normal I think there are some cracks ... but as I learned Bestetti .. before using the cream and then the wax there are far fewer cracks .. . and the polish does not come off ...

And you like the shiny? You have a special ... because I have seen on youtube polish his military boots and are a true mirror

benhour

Reaction score

thanks for the compliments ... for polishing in wamp is normal I think there are some cracks ... but as I learned Bestetti .. before using the cream and then the wax there are far fewer cracks .. . and the polish does not come off ...

And you like the shiny? You have a special ... because I have seen on youtube polish his military boots and are a true mirror
yes most of time i like my shoes to bee shiny with a mirror shine at the toe area and some time at the heel ! you can see here or at the shoe care thread some pictures! Feel free to ask or say anything ! :)

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes most of time i like my shoes to bee shiny with a mirror shine at the toe area and some time at the heel ! you can see here or at the shoe care thread some pictures! Feel free to ask or say anything !
smile.gif
thanks for your response. But your have a special technique? It takes me about 30 minutes per pair ... and how much you use? Been a faster technique?

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look at another picture of the same Gladiators Bestetti I had posted the last few days. it's just another shot. The colors are the same. And then the chisel tip is absolutely great.

What do you think? Do you think I do well to make these colors? To me those two colors together are really crazy...

I can not wait to get his shoe test.

benhour

Reaction score
thanks for your response. But your have a special technique? It takes me about 30 minutes per pair ... and how much you use? Been a faster technique?
For hi end shoes (rtw-mto-bespoke from good manufacturers or artisans like Bestetti )where the leather is really smooth only for mirror shinning the toe area takes about 10 minutes per pair generally! according to the videos on youtube i use a lot more wax than the tiny dot they recommend, most of the time between half and full fingerprint!!

btw the lower the room temperature they easier to build the mirror shine!!

A useful trick i found lately is to use one time water and one time pure alcohol as i do the circular motion on the wax to achieve the mirror effect!! helps wax solidify a lot faster

this is the best combination of colors for that design as far i have seen! makes them look really beautiful and not fluffy!

Last edited:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For hi end shoes (rtw-mto-bespoke from good manufacturers or artisans like Bestetti )where the leather is really smooth only for mirror shinning the toe area takes about 10 minutes per pair generally! according to the videos on youtube i use a lot more wax than the tiny dot they recommend, most of the time between half and full fingerprint!!

btw the lower the room temperature they easier to build the mirror shine!!

A useful trick i found lately is to use one time water and one time pure alcohol as i do the circular motion on the wax to achieve the mirror effect!! helps wax solidify a lot faster

this is the best combination of colors for that design as far i have seen! makes them look really beautiful and not fluffy!
Ok .. thanks for the advice ... now experiment with your technique ... I will see how it is ... and above all, I'll see if I can get your results.

Anyway, I agree that the Gladietor with those two brown is the most beautiful ... I'll keep you updated on developments with the various steps of my first bespoke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads